Current time: 08-18-2017, 03:14 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media Player
04-08-2014, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2014 04:20 PM by LZA.)
Media Player
Hey all,

What Media Player do you use to listen to music???

I use Windows Media Player and it drives me NUTS!! I had to manually add music to the library before to get it to show in the library (otherwise I'd have to find it on the g0d dammed disc itself).

And now today, in one of the moments I'm not listening to rap I find my Pink Floyd library has only 2 albums in it...Huh...I thought I had the discography...Let's check the disc...YES I DO have the discography!!!

Do you guys (prolly not) have the same trouble? What would you recommend as far as a media player. I have a lot of music, but I know some of you out there have more. Music is very important to me, and I hate having to refind stuff by looking through my drives... It should be all listed in my library... This shit pisses me off to no END!

PS: I already did a cleaning out of WMP and had it re-check my drives... there's just stuff it always seems to miss.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: Media Player
On my Windows PCs, I use Winamp with the "Steel this amp" skin.

Elsewhere in the house, I listen to my MP3 collection using my Asus O!Play networked media player boxes playing files streamed over the LAN by the DLNA server I have running in Windows.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2014, 04:38 PM
I've heard of Winamp before, but never really paid too much attention... Will look into it; Thanks!!
04-08-2014, 05:18 PM
I use VLC to play 99% of all of my media files.

However, if you are looking for an all-purpose library and player combo then VLC probably won't be fancy enough for you.

Personally, I have spent quite a bit of time organizing my music so that finding a song does not require me to use any sort of library program or aide.

04-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Winamp has a graphic equalizer option, for those who like to play with such.
It will also play entire playlists automatically.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
04-09-2014, 12:18 AM
itunes.

in the game of simplicity and functionality, apple wins... hands down... mostly; there are file compatibility issues but those are rapidly overcome by converting your files into apple friendly formats.

itunes makes it pretty easy to categorize and manage your media files with a simple spreadsheet styled interface for most information and an tabbed information window for everything else... but what makes the itunes so impressive is it's flawless integration with other apple products.

for example, i don't have to take up valuable memory on my devices to store media anymore. before i got a static ip for my office (where my server is located), i used dydns and set up my own vpn that allowed me to remotely access not only my itunes library which is stored on a nas, but every computer and storage appliance on my network... and stream content to any of my devices.

as for file management, itunes is pretty simple and optional... it separates your files by artist and album.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
04-09-2014, 03:34 AM
I use KMPlayer to listen to music and watch films/tv shows, and never bother with any windows media.

http://kmplayer.en.softonic.com/

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
04-09-2014, 05:39 AM
itunes,for music
never used anything else,I'm happy with it

movies,VLC,awesome

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
04-10-2014, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 05:05 PM by LZA.)
Thanks for all of your input. I've successfully transferred my stuff to Winamp, which the more I use, the more I love!!!! It found every single fine in my drives, and the gui is MUCH better! I just love it SO much more... Sad to learn that I was pretty much the only chump using WMP... It was a close call between that and iTunes, but my son uses it to sync the songs on his phone...So I didn't want to unintentionally wreck anything...iTunes is good, but very finicky when you're using it on a Windows based system...
04-10-2014, 08:02 PM
(04-10-2014 05:02 PM)LZA Wrote:  It was a close call between that and iTunes, but my son uses it to sync the songs on his phone...So I didn't want to unintentionally wreck anything...iTunes is good, but very finicky when you're using it on a Windows based system...

itunes has different settings as far as syncing goes. you can have it synch your entire library or just certain playlists or items.

as for it being finicky... that's just windows being windows.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Buying a modern MP3 player AliShibaz 21 7,528 12-14-2015 09:17 PM
Last Post: wolfis
  Just Bought LG Blu-ray Disc Player AliShibaz 3 5,771 06-17-2014 03:21 AM
Last Post: velvetfog
  Dual core Android 4.2 Smart TV Box Media Player velvetfog 4 4,218 01-08-2014 06:50 PM
Last Post: velvetfog

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)