Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Marriage Counseling
I thought I'd never be one of those that would say this but....marriage counseling works. It has for me anyway. At first i didn't know if i wanted to share this. but i do. I'm proud to say this has proven to me that anything worth fighting for can be saved. Im very thankful.

I have struggled nearly 2 years or more with different issues in my marriage. and over the last 5 months i have really made a break through. both of us have. I am so glad for taking my moms advice. My husband and i still have a ways to go but i am optimistic and extremely encouraged that things will continue to progress for the better. this has been an eye opener for me. I've learnt so much about myself. i feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me. Really dont know why i shared this but maybe somebody else will be encouraged. Smile

Here's to brighter days ahead Smile
RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
(03-04-2013, 12:06 AM)Bunny Wrote: I thought I'd never be one of those that would say this but....marriage counseling works. It has for me anyway. At first i didn't know if i wanted to share this. but i do. I'm proud to say this has proven to me that anything worth fighting for can be saved. Im very thankful.

I have struggled nearly 2 years or more with different issues in my marriage. and over the last 5 months i have really made a break through. both of us have. I am so glad for taking my moms advice. My husband and i still have a ways to go but i am optimistic and extremely encouraged that things will continue to progress for the better. this has been an eye opener for me. I've learnt so much about myself. i feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me. Really dont know why i shared this but maybe somebody else will be encouraged. Smile

HugHugHug
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
I think everyone ought to try marriage at least once.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
what you think is the difference between marriage and living with someone apart from a piece of paper?
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
Well...there's all of the legal benefits that a legal spouse has.
[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
A marriage is a contractual relationship between three parties.
Two persons and the government.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
(03-04-2013, 12:06 AM)Bunny Wrote: I thought I'd never be one of those that would say this but....marriage counseling works. It has for me anyway. At first i didn't know if i wanted to share this. but i do. I'm proud to say this has proven to me that anything worth fighting for can be saved. Im very thankful.

Nice post Bunny.

I wish you both the very best of luck, keep working at itYay
I know some people think that marriage counseling is a waste of time and money-- and it can be, but if there is a genuine intention to change and desire to stay together, marriage counseling can help. Then again, so could just talking.

Not throwing stones at OP, I am just saying that anyone who has benefited from therapy of any sort has done so because they have issues with communication and honest thought. When a couple is considered, you must think that it only takes one of the two to have communications breakdowns.

So, in the end the therapist or councilor is simply a vehicle used to get you two talking.

Other than that, there are a few benefits a trained therapist or educated councilor can provide: coping skills, exercises in relationship skills and most importantly, an objective point of view.

So do I believe in marriage counseling? Nah not really. Just talk, practice, cope and be objective.

Yay so glad for you guys Smile But I aslo kind of agree with WC.. Communication the best key Smile Good luck to the two of you Big Grin I think you will manage just fine Smile
Oh trust me. communication was the problem. i personally needed the 3 party to help me with the talking part. seriously Im not saying my husband is perfect but most of our problems was me. I've been emotionally shut down for a long time. and He has loved me through it all. i so needed the help. i do feel however that we are finished with the counseling bc i want to do this talking on our own now like it was when we first got married. and before. I kept so much of myself hidden and locked away and this counseling has helped me be completely open and honest. Smile
RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY