Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Man with opinion charged with terrorism.
I came across this news story and didn't believe it could be true, because it seems so incredulous.

"Brian Davis, a disabled grandfather, was arrested and charged with a felony threat of terrorism after he told his physical therapist that his granddaughter's school lacked security and that anyone could shoot it up...."

read here for full story (with video).

Is this a typical pig knee-jerk reaction, or is there more to it? I've had a look for some court details to understand the reasoning behind the decision to charge Davis with terrorism, but couldn't find any. It just seems so wild to lock someone up for voicing their opinion, I mean, what is this, 1930s Nazi Germany? I'd love to know exactly what the 'concerned citizens,' who were responsible for Davis being arrested, said to the pigs. There seems to be an awful lot of information missing in this story, and I'm still trying to figure it out.
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
It is America. They are a bit crazy over there.
Try saying "Hi" to your friend Jack at an American airport, and see what happens to you.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
there's a lot of people who think american society has entered a pre fascist state,if not fascist al ready
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
About as funny as this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...jokes.html
(04-06-2013, 07:36 AM)srijantje Wrote: there's a lot of people who think american society has entered a pre fascist state,if not fascist al ready

Well, I'm an American with an open mind, and I can tell you that my country exhibits enough of these warning signs to make me more than a bit worried. http://rense.com/general37/char.htm
[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
good find,
where america leads,europe is usually not far behind
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
I'm not sure about 'Europe' but Britain is just as bad as the US when it comes to the erosion of civil liberties. Our GCHQ (equiv to the NSA) has been reading citizen's emails, texts etc for years, it's just kept quiet. In fact it's happening all over the western world... militarised police forces, detaining innocent people, suspension of human rights, increased usage of terror laws, the list goes on and on. With CCTV, Germany may have been the first country to use it but look how it expoded in popularity during the 1970s and 80s in the UK... now we have it everywhere, even cctv cameras that 'talk' to you should you be disobedient enough to drop a cig butt on the floor. The 'talking' ones would get vandalised in a heartbeat if they introduced them in my area... the thought of some fat arsehole sat at his controls telling people off for drinking in public or whatever is beyond creepy... panoptican surveillance has been here for a while. I've witnessed people's behaviour change the second they realise they might be being watched... it's a powerful tool.

Back to the news story for a minute... I still haven't been able to find any more details of Davis's arrest other than the basic facts. Undecided
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
it's only been four days since that story broke. you probably won't hear more of it later as it will be swept under the rug as soon as someone figures out that this is all about perceiving a threat rather than actually observing a threat and everyone looks like a fool.

as stated in your previous post... what the hospital told the police along with the particulars of this guys past are key facts that aren't being divulged.

also... perhaps, people who insist on going with this particular style should just be a little more careful with what they say from now on.
[Image: BrianDavis.png]
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.