Current time: 03-25-2017, 12:48 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Man suffers heart attack eating 6,000-calorie Triple Bypass Burger
02-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Man suffers heart attack eating 6,000-calorie Triple Bypass Burger
Las Vegas, NV - It was always going to be unwise naming a restaurant that glorifies unhealthy food the Heart Attack Grill. And on Saturday the inevitable happened when a customer suffered a cardiac arrest in the chain's Las Vegas branch.

An onlooker captured video of paramedics wheeling the unidentified man, thought to be in his 40s, out of the fast-food diner. He was midway through eating a 6000-calorie Triple Bypass Burger when he began experiencing chest pains.

The restaurant chain - founded in 2005 using the catchphrase 'Taste Worth Dying For!' - is run by a former nutritionist 'Doctor' Jon Basso who, remarkably, used to run a Jenny Craig weight loss diet centre.

He denied the incident was an elaborate publicity stunt.

Mr Basso told Fox News: 'The gentleman could barely talk. He was sweating, suffering. 'I actually felt horrible for him because the tourists were taking photos of him as if it were some type of stunt. Even with our own morbid sense of humour, we would never pull a stunt like that.'

The Heart Attack Grill sells calorie-laden fare with names such as Quadruple Bypass Burgers and Flatline Fries.

Wildcard is awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2012, 04:16 PM
RE: Man suffers heart attack eating 6,000-calorie Triple Bypass Burger
I read this last week and I'm afraid I fail to feel any sympathy. It's a bit like the guys who jump off bridges but are too stupid to check the depth of the water first -- frankly, it's another piece of evidence for natural selection.

That such an establishment exists is somewhere beyond repulsive, but they're obviously just filling a niche in the market and at least they're not hiding behind "healthy choices".

No fucking censorship. Ever.
02-24-2012, 10:23 PM
absolutely,i sort of like the idea,name it for what it is,crap burger,cholesterol crepes,etc.

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
02-24-2012, 10:41 PM
(02-24-2012 10:23 PM)srijantje Wrote:  absolutely,i sort of like the idea,name it for what it is,crap burger,cholesterol crepes,etc.

At least then people know what they are getting . . .

Wildcard is awesome.
02-24-2012, 11:18 PM
yes,instead of "pure juice",which means it only has to be 30%,and the rest can be anything,disgusting

of small minds[
02-24-2012, 11:21 PM
That's not half as bad as McDonald's with their claims of 'healthier' foods! Healthier than what? Raw sewage! Angry

Wildcard is awesome.
02-24-2012, 11:26 PM
they got good french fries though[Image: biggrin.gif]

of small minds[
02-25-2012, 04:44 AM
I like this restaurant. I doubt I'd ever eat there (I'm a compulsive eater, but I'm still capable of shameBig Grin) but the way it advertises itself I think is glorious. The beauty of it is that you don't have to feel sympathy for the guy who had the heart attack or grapple with any moral issues whatsoever; it is what it is, and if you choose to use its services that's your business. So many restaurants like MacDonalds bullshit you with adverts for salads which are less healthy than their burgers; anyone who ends up leaving the Heart Attack Grill on a stretcher has only himself to blame.
By the way, "nutritionist," which Basso describes himself as once being, isn't a legally protected term. The legally protected term is dietician; anyone can say they're a nutritionist, so Basso was always a sleaze.
06-12-2013, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2013 12:41 PM by Cecylia.)
<snip>
06-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Two of the nations where people live the longest, are Japan and Norway.
They have one thing in common, in that in both nations the diet contains a lot of fish.
Eating red meat every day is not good for you.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)