Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

MYBB Tutorial
Could some one put up a mybb tuturial of how to upload it to a host please
MyBB Installation Wiki
Wildcard is awesome.
(12-09-2011, 04:30 PM)Mark Wrote: MyBB Installation Wiki

i cannot understand that at all

ya see i have a URL which i bought of 123.reg,also i used to run an irishtorrent site. irishbitz.net, i am getting asked all over the place when is it gonna be back up,i have asked mybb could i use their boards for a site,they said yes,but they will not give me any support if needed,so if i get a mybb forum up and running i could use it as a torrent forum/site for the time being or just for FAQ's about when it is gonna be back up

(12-09-2011, 04:36 PM)KARPACKIE Wrote:

What is it that you cannot understand? The instructions at that link are fairly easy to follow. Basically you just download the latest package(1.6.5), upload it to your server, CHMOD a few directors for read/write/execute status and run the install directory online. Oh and you has to make an SQL database on your host first too. Its not so bad.

If you have any questions I'll be glad to help you as I have just recently gone through it.

Wildcard is awesome.
(12-09-2011, 06:00 PM)Mark Wrote:
(12-09-2011, 04:36 PM)KARPACKIE Wrote:

What is it that you cannot understand? The instructions at that link are fairly easy to follow. Basically you just download the latest package(1.6.5), upload it to your server, CHMOD a few directors for read/write/execute status and run the install directory online. Oh and you has to make an SQL database on your host first too. Its not so bad.

If you have any questions I'll be glad to help you as I have just recently gone through it.

yes please as i haven't got a clue Big Grin

Do you already have a host?
Wildcard is awesome.
no gonna use a free one
Okay. Here are some things you are going to need:

A host that supports PHP and SQL(latest versions possible)
Filezilla or some other FTP program(to transfer the files to your site and set permissions)

Once you get a compatible host and FTP software, let me know.
Wildcard is awesome.
rite have the host just need FTP software also have filezilla
If you have a host and Filezilla then just download the latest copy of MyBB(1.6.5) and upload all the files to your host's server.

Then you have to set permissions on several files and folders so that MyBB can write to the folders and execute from them. The details are in the link I gave you.
Wildcard is awesome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installing a MyBB Forum Mark 13 21,912 08-19-2013, 05:57 AM
Last Post: gerry
  mIRC server tutorial Togachu 8 3,598 12-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Last Post: AliShibaz
  Creating a MyBB MyCode Mark 1 10,275 05-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Last Post: sporkium