Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Looking for good TV Shows to download
My favorite TV shows include: Deadwood, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos, The Larry Sanders Show, Weeds, Game of Thrones, True Blood and the original Twilight Zone series.

I'm looking for suggestions for other good shows I can download and add to my collection for as long as I still have my Internet connection. I have agreed to a one year plan that enables me to download 250 GB per month. But it's up in one year and I don't intend to renew it. I really don't like the cable company and its terrible attitude towards its customers. Anytime I contact them to complain about a problem, they tell me I must be confused or imagining things because they never make any mistakes. It's just maddening and I can't wait until I tell them to shove it and go with another provider.

Moedi Tabernac Estee de Coliesse (cursing in French Canadian - for some reason, even though I don't understand what it all means, it is the ugliest and most insulting cursing that I have ever heard.
Usually I reserve the use of French Canadian for the most serious cursing at times when I am truly very, very, angry. When I curse in French Canadian, it is a sign that things have really gone overboard and I am truly on the verge of some serious violence. I have to be seriously incensed in order for me to curse in French Canadian. The Cable Company in my area can bring me to cursing in French Canadian very easily. They are truly that exasperating! What the fuck kind of nerve does it take to tell a customer that you never make any mistakes and so any errors in the billing must be due to the customer's confusion or imagination. Oh! That pisses me right off! Motherfucking assholes make billions and billions of dollars every year and they have the colossal nerve to tell me that errors must be my fault and must be due to my imagining things or just being confused.

Those are times I wish that I could get my hands around the throat of one of those CSRs and just squeeze, squeeze, squeeze. Actually, I guess those are times that I seriously wish I could not get ahold of any of them because, if I could, I would spend the rest of my life in the Pen and I really don't want to do that. But, what a bunch of miserable motherfucking cocksuckers! Tabernac de Coliesse! de Estee de Moedi de Holy Fuck!)

But would anyone have any suggestions for other shows that I could download in the meantime?

Thanks.

do they have to be similar to the ones you've mentioned?
or is it irrelevant as long as they're excellent?

edit - well, why not cover both bases?

if they have to be similar to the ones you've mentioned,
then i have no idea what to recommend.

if all that matters is that they're excellent tv shows,
then i'd recommend:
- seinfeld
- curb your enthusiasm
- friends
- little britain
- nighty night
- extras
Your favorite list is almost just like mine Smile

I will look around and see why ideas I can come up with for you.
Wildcard is awesome.
startrek.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
They don't have to be like the programs I listed.

I just found some good suggestions at http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/forums/78/...-that-Suck

It's a site where people talk nasty about TV shows.

But there is a thread about Aaron Sorkin's new TV show for HBO (currently just a pilot) and that reminded me of his old show called "Sports Night". It was really great and I've only seen a few epis. So, that will be first on my list of new shows to D/L.
xfiles,but only for the bird
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
I am currently working through 'Who's Line Is It Anyway?' (UK version), but the American version is funny too.

Also I like the first three seasons of Dexter pretty good . . . after that it falls off.
Wildcard is awesome.
I Googled "best TV shows" and found several lists. This one is for the 500 best TV shows of all times:

http://www.imdb.com/list/V5AnwI2C_xY/

Yippee!

And here are the 500 greatest films of all times (at least as selected by one site). There must be a great many sites like these that can keep me busy for years.
okay, right off the top of my head... psych, twinpeaks (gets weird and stupid towards the end), the adventures of brisco county jr.... and burn notice.... and eureka.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Eureka!

Yes. That was one of the shows recommended in that list I posted. I checked it out and it ran for like 6 seasons. I think I will try that one out for sure.

Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prostitute is Resurrected on Good Friday - Very Scary Story AliShibaz 0 1,351 03-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Last Post: AliShibaz