Current time: 08-18-2017, 03:41 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life is Just One Big Intricate Scam
04-17-2014, 04:21 PM
Life is Just One Big Intricate Scam
Hello Everyone, I just needed to blow off some steam so I googled rant forums and it brought me here.

So I got an idea today and tell me if you think i'm crazy or if there is some truth to this or not.

Anyway, I was on the phone with an organization that was seeking volunteers today because I wanted to volunteer to tutor foreign language speaking people as well as illiterate people on how to become more literate. So after I had a normal conversation with the lady on the other side of the phone she sent me an email with an information packet about how I can start participating in her literacy organization.

To my surprise, in the information packet, the organization requires the tutor to PAY a 25 dollar fee for materials. At first I didn't think much of this. But then later some red flags started to really go up--why would I have to pay to volunteer? Doesn't that sound backwards?

I've experienced scenarios like this a lot in my adult life while going from job to job--during school it wasn't much of a big deal to me, they say pay, you pay--that's just the rite of passage.

Anyway, I'm starting to think that, and don't call me late to the game for thinking this, all businesses are scams in one way or another. They want to make you work everyday of your life, sometimes for nothing more than minimum wage.

All governments are corrupt and held in place only by force of arms, so there's no legitimacy there either. They try to make you think its we the people, for the people by the people but its really just by a select few plutocrats that appease the majority plebeians by conceding some of their power to a class of patricians that the plebeians think they put in power while they are really put in power by the plutocrats force of power, i.e. human capital, i.e. the grand sum of the hours worked by every poor or semi poor individual in the US, i.e. gdp or money money money! for the not so bright among us.

We are like cattle being herded to the slaughter and we don't even know it until our destruction is imminent.

It feels like life is just one sick sadistic game that someone is playing on mankind. Even the plutocrats can't evade death and disease, sure you've got the witch doctors and so called holistic healers with their herbal remedies and such but that's just part of the healthcare scam they want you to buy into so they, that is--the plutocrats--can make an unending stream of money. So this is how you stick it to the man, you tell him he can buy all the expensive yachts and leer jets that he wants but in the end he's just going to bite the dust like the rest of us. Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! (don't even get me started on religion) so I'm going to end it there thanks everyone for your time and attention.
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2014, 04:40 PM
RE: Life is Just One Big Intricate Scam
Life is one big intricate scam? Or the world is just full of scammers? I would say the latter.

Life isn't a lie-- everything in the natural world yells the truth loudly and clearly. It is just the greed and obsession of human beings that perpetrate.

Still decent rant. Welcome.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-17-2014, 07:23 PM
Tomj, you're mew here so i'll spare you the details on my life and woes. But A life lesson that i'm learning (still can't get it into my head) is that the world/life is a truth. That truth may include that there are a lot of scammers out there, it's still the truth. What I know deep in my heart but refuse to admit, is that scammers can scam themselves (i'm one of those types in a way) I refuse to look at reality and take measures to correct my situation. I'd rather drown myself in drugs, and tell myself i'm the victim. I am a victim really though....of myself.

One of the best pieces of advices I can give but not heed to it is life is nothing but one negotiation/choice after another, and it is the ones responsibility to make sure all is well, because in the end, we have no one to blame but ourselves for the shit we end up in. Ever hear that saying fool me once , shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me... I'm wondering if that's even incorrect. We should be aware enough about thing so fool me once , shame on me... I don't know... Life is definitely a trip...

Good to meet you anyway! Smile
Find all posts by this user
04-17-2014, 08:01 PM
Do your best to be a good person, so that you are part of the solution and not the problem.
Then relax and enjoy life.
Keep in mind that none of us are getting out of here alive.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-18-2014, 01:33 AM
(04-17-2014 04:21 PM)Tomj Wrote:  Anyway, I'm starting to think that, and don't call me late to the game for thinking this, all businesses are scams in one way or another. They want to make you work everyday of your life, sometimes for nothing more than minimum wage.

(04-17-2014 04:21 PM)Tomj Wrote:  All governments are corrupt and held in place only by force of arms, so there's no legitimacy there either.

(04-17-2014 04:21 PM)Tomj Wrote:  Even the plutocrats can't evade death and disease, sure you've got the witch doctors and so called holistic healers with their herbal remedies and such but that's just part of the healthcare scam they want you to buy into so they, that is--the plutocrats--can make an unending stream of money.

Those statements are naive.

Businesses don't make people work. People work because they need to eat and have a place to sleep and clothes, etc.; to stay alive basically. I'd rather work somewhere for minumum wage, than have to try to scrape by working 16 hours a day doing hard labor like sustenance farming, just to try to hopefully stay alive through the winter, or eating bugs and hunting for monkeys in the jungle all day and walking 10 miles for water and other not fun things like people have done for thousands of years, and some still do today. It's much better now than it ever has been for most people.

Some governments are horrible and some suck and some are nice and some are great. But without governments the world would be in anarchy and that's less fun than you probably imagine. Without laws and the enforcment of them, people don't behave themselves too well generally. And whiners would be among the first to die.

No one said you have to use the so called plutocrats health care. You are free to let yourself get sick and die if you want. You should feel lucky that you even have the option to choose. A lot of people don't.

Try living in some third world country with virtually no government or jobs or health care and see how long you survive, and then when you are about to die (which I'm sure you probably would do fairly quickly) come back and then you can complain about your easy job at McDonald's and your 'corrupt' government and your access to advanced health care.

that those with no rights,
display the right to have no life, to have respect they must accept
a world commiting suicide
Find all posts by this user + Spud17
04-18-2014, 10:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2014 10:26 PM by Tomj.)
Thanks everyone for your welcome and feedback. I appreciate most of your comments.

Maybe its because of the great liberty and luxury with which I am afforded by living in this great country that I am able to say these things but, even if it sounds contradictory, I stand by my comments.

I was especially struck by one line though, and that was SkinnyP's:

"Some governments are horrible and some suck and some are nice and some are great. But without governments the world would be in anarchy and that's less fun than you probably imagine. Without laws and the enforcment of them, people don't behave themselves too well generally. And whiners would be among the first to die."

So you think I'm a whiner, huh, for saying these things? I thought I was a savant delving into partly new, undiscovered territory/truth in the world so it looks like there is a world of difference between our perspectives. No pun intendedTongue.
04-18-2014, 10:43 PM
(04-17-2014 04:21 PM)Tomj Wrote:  All governments are corrupt and held in place only by force of arms, so there's no legitimacy there either. They try to make you think its we the people, for the people by the people but its really just by a select few plutocrats that appease the majority plebeians by conceding some of their power to a class of patricians that the plebeians think they put in power while they are really put in power by the plutocrats force of power, i.e. human capital, i.e. the grand sum of the hours worked by every poor or semi poor individual in the US, i.e. gdp or money money money! for the not so bright among us.

couldn't agree more

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
04-19-2014, 03:25 AM
(04-18-2014 10:19 PM)Tomj Wrote:  So you think I'm a whiner, huh, for saying these things? I thought I was a savant delving into partly new, undiscovered territory/truth in the world so it looks like there is a world of difference between our perspectives. No pun intendedTongue.

I assume that is a joke, because if you really think you are the first to complain about government and it's supposed 'bad influence' on society you are insanely deluded. And yes I do think you are a whiner.

Government and most other things 'young people' think about, (and I'm assuming you are one, based on what you have said), are not perfect because nothing is, but most are certainly not the strangely evil, self satisfying entities that you may think they are. They often do things wrong, but for the most part, in 'civilized' society they do what they think is best for the people under their rule and usually do a fairly decent job of it.

One of the many reasons that the U.S. in particular allows it's citizen's to carry guns is just for that purpose, to ensure that it's leaders do what the majority of it citizenry wants it to do, because if they don't we will shoot their ass. If another country's government (let's just choose Canada for example) decided tomorrow that everyone in the country had to turn over their computers, what would they do? Not much. Maybe drink a Molson and watch a game of hockey while they were essentially robbed, while the Queen (of another country!) laughed at them.

The point is, don't take government for granted, because they are the reason you have most, if not all, of your freedoms and much much more. And the U.S. being among the best of them for the simple reason that we have the ability to bring the smack down if we need to.

04-19-2014, 03:59 AM
well,get going then,because you haven't much of your "freedoms"left,by the way I'm totally behind you in that case,I'm just not very optimistic about the outcome

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
04-19-2014, 04:29 AM
I'm an American, and I can't speak for all of them, but I haven't seen one true 'freedom' of mine being taken away in the past 30+ years. I still can say and do what I like. I can vote for whomever I like. I can work where I like. I can live where I like. I see no 'crisis' in the future. I am not worried. I haven't liked what has happened in every single instance in the past 30 some years, but I don't see any sort of nation ending crisis in the near future either.

Most of the paranoia of 'less freedom' comes from extreme sects of the American public, more interested in conspiracy theories, or foriegners who aren't familiar with the U.S.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)