Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Jason Mecier
Jason Mecier is one of my favourite artists at the moment. The Los Angeles born, San Francisco based artist caught my attention when he designed this portrait of Honey Boo Boo:

[Image: ie9SIdjSgt7fQ.jpg]

He has spent 15 years carefully collecting rubbish, and each of his junk art pieces takes over 50 hours to complete. Over 25 pounds of rubbish was used for the Honey Boo Boo piece above. Starting off with mosaic designs, Mecier has created art using rubbish, make-up, beans, food, and even pills. Mecier (pronounced mess-ear) has had no formal art training, although he was heavily influenced and inspired by his grandma.

These are some of his masterpieces made from rubbish:

[Image: iX1t9U9ARhkJ4.jpg]
[Image: ibxQ5bsLDNyWkq.jpg]
[Image: iA72H8YvdWX2H.jpg]

Hundreds of hours went into the making of this Lady Gaga portrait.
[Image: iSa7MWkwhfyKv.jpg]
This awesome Snoop Dogg piece is made from doobies and marijuana:
[Image: itEHnx91Y6OiS.jpg]

[Image: ibswqmcI4fQsWZ.jpg]
[Image: i6sPjwdbxmMCh.jpg]
Art made up of cosmetics: Missy Elliot
[Image: iYvZWKKtlHPCw.jpg]

Art made from pills: Amy Winehouse
[Image: ibnbnHQiVGnIlF.jpg]

and food, specifically rice: Condoleezza Rice
[Image: iZpvor7x0utYe.jpg]

Mecier has also used bacon, dog food, and salt and pepper, to design portraits of Kevin Bacon, Dog the bounty hunter, and Salt-N-Peppa respectively. Many of the artists Mecier works with actually contribute their own rubbish/junk. He is currently working on a coffee table book of his Celebrity Junk Drawers portrait series.

More of Jason Mecier's art can be seen here:
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695