Current time: 08-18-2017, 03:16 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's cold outside!!
01-07-2014, 07:18 PM
It's cold outside!!
http://www.space.com/24177-polar-vortex-...photo.html

Per this article, the cause of the cold is a Polar Vortex. I still blame global warming...Not that it's warm but it definitely is fucking up the weather patterns.

How cold is it where you are?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2014, 11:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2014 11:12 PM by bob5695.)
RE: It's cold outside!!
not very cold. 10~12ºC during the night, 18~20ºC during the day.

edit - that would be roughly 50~54ºF during the night, 64~68ºF during the day.
01-08-2014, 01:19 AM
nothing but surfing weather here... best winter ever!

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
01-08-2014, 03:59 AM
Its 18°f in south Alabama brrrrrrr too cold for me!!!!

RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
01-08-2014, 07:08 AM
(01-08-2014 03:59 AM)Bunny Wrote:  Its 18°f in south Alabama brrrrrrr too cold for me!!!!

you know... i been reading all these news stories about people burning themselves while trying to make snow by throwing pots of boiling water into the air... mainly in canada...

but seriously, if you know that pissing into the wind is a bad idea, why would anyone ever think that throwing a pot of boiling fucking water into the wind was a good one?

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
01-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Most Americans are wimps.
Except for the folks in the northern tier states, they don't know how to handle cold weather.
I have experienced temperatures as low as -55C (-69F) with the wind chill, and I still managed to go to the store and buy groceries.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2014, 08:03 PM
it's not about knowing how to handle cold weather... it's about having the common sense to travel towards the equator when your nuts start sticking to the toilet.

01-08-2014, 08:14 PM
When I finally go back to work, I'd like to move my family to San Diego after I've saved some more. My wife's brother lived there, he says it's beautiful there everyday.

69 below?? you guys can keep it.
01-08-2014, 08:30 PM
Weather that you need to shovel helps build character.

[Image: Snowdoor2k46.jpg]

[Image: diggingout.jpg]

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2014, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 10:02 PM by LZA.)
Holy crap!! No thanks!! Last year the very first storm dropped over 3 feet of snow on us. That was a disaster but no where near the amount in these pictures. This year we've had a few storms, but luckily it was the light kind due to the cold weather... I like shoveling snow though (except for that slushy crap that weighs 50pounds per shovel load)...I'd take it any day over raking leaves...

I just checked the weather. It's supposed to be in the 50's on Saturday...May need to break out the shorts!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)