Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Is my friend a dick?
Ok so for my 16th birthday i arranged for me and 2 of my friends to go to six flags which was kinda a big deal since its far away and expensive for my family. The first friend wasn't able to go because he got mono (reasonable excuse) the second friend texted me the night before at 1:30 AM saying that he couldn't go because he didn't realize he had work the next day (he is also 16 so his job isn't as big of a deal as it would be if he was an adult). But I also made special scheduling so that his job wouldn't interfere. Anyway the big issue was that this is how he found out he had to work, 3 hours after he had told me he was going to sleep he happened to be checking 2 weeks back in his email, and trust me he never checks his email, and noticed an email from his boss saying he had to work the next day. I was very upset about it and told him that he was a dick and that it was irresponsible of him to not double check with his boss that he had that day off. He then tried to turn it on me by saying that I should have given him a weeks noticed so that he could have gotten the day off even though when i had asked him about the specific date we were going he said it was fine and that he could go that day. My question is whether or not it is his fault and if he is a dick or not for doing something like that to me after i made special plans to do something with him on my birthday? Am I being to hard on him by calling him an asshole and stuff over this, or is it justified?
I think your friend is just lying. And yes, I agree that it was a dick move.

You have a right to be offended and in my opinion your friend should be made to realize that it hurt your feelings and that you won't tolerate that type of treatment.
First of all, Happy Belated Birthday Wink
Yes, I agree your friend acted irresponsibly, especially knowing that special arrangements had been made on his behalf.
Calling him names isn't the answer, it'll just create defensiveness in him, but letting him know how his actions affected you should cause him to re-think his behavior towards you and hopefully produce an apology... if not you may want to re-think about your friendship with this person.

Also, just because he is 16 does not diminish his responsibilities as a reliable/responsible employee.
A job is a job Smile
You Give To The World When You Give Your Best To Somebody Else Hug
First thing that came to my mind, is obviously u are not very important to him. Bc that was a lame ass excuse. He IS a dick. A lil short shriveled one!
RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
Either your friend is really stupid, or he was a lying dick who should have told you right off that he didn't want to go. I tend to believe the latter (per your post, it sounds like you do too). He knew about the email as soon as he got it...That was his out... It sounds like he never wanted to go since you "made special planning" to assure he could be there, so the only way he could have gotten out of this is by:

1) Being truthful and telling you that he didn't want to go (because you were making every opportunity to include him, and not affect his work)

2) Pull some stupid bullshit like, let's say....Keep an email telling him he has to work the day of your trip, but "not see it" until the last minute and just happen to check the email you say he never checks and pulls this bullshit on you at the last possible minute so no re-planning or other accommodations could be made for the future. And that's really because he's too much of a bitch to tell you he didn't want to go, and wasn't going to go...

Hate to say it, but FUCK him anyway...If I were you I'd stop all contact with that douchebag, and if you see him, crumble his nose into dust with a nice right cross... Sucks people can be like that...
I have experienced this sort of thing several times in my life. You will have friends who you think are good friends and then one day they will tell you this incredible sob story about how they desperately need some money - maybe like $1,000. They will keep talking and whining until you offer to lend them the money and if you don't offer to lend it to them, eventually, they will ask you to loan it to them but they will never pay you back. AAMOF, they will never even have any intention of paying you back. How do I know this? Because it has happened to me several times and it has always turned out they admit that they never could have paid me back - even if they wanted to.

So, Yes! He is likely a dick and If you want to avoid this kind of experience in the future, I suggest you do not put yourself at risk unless you ensure the other person shares the risk. What do I mean by ensuring the other person shares the risk?

Next time something like this happens, I suggest you ask them for their share of the expense money up front. Then, if they cancel at the last moment, they will lose their share of the money. So, they won't be likely to stiff you if it means they will also get stiffed.
(08-08-2013, 05:55 PM)Bunny Wrote: First thing that came to my mind, is obviously u are not very important to him. Bc that was a lame ass excuse. He IS a dick. A lil short shriveled one!

I couldn't have said it better Yay
I also think he is lying and just making an excuse. So yes, he is a dick.
meh
He doesn't deserve to be called a "dick". He's a poor old rancid dildo.
Yo
My crew is in the house
Terra, Herb McGruff, Buddha Bless
Big Twan, Killa Kam, Trooper J, and Mike Boogie
And I'ma set it like this...

[Image: rockon.gif]
(08-10-2013, 01:26 PM)Togachu Wrote: I also think he is lying and just making an excuse. So yes, he is a dick.

Agreed! Your "friend" if you can call him that, is Nay

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My "friend" loves pissing me off Pengwe716 1 666 12-16-2016, 02:57 AM
Last Post: sporkium
Brick Rich Friend Ms.MD 2 865 11-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Last Post: srijantje
  "friend" ethkn 33 7,307 08-17-2016, 10:49 PM
Last Post: XNEWF