Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Is Nothing Sacred?
THISDUDE: I like the crazy off-the-wall kind of humor
ME: Me too, you should check out Family Guy (cuz I knew he didn't watch it)
THISDUDE: I don't think so-- I watched that show once and they go too far . . . (makes a face that looks like he needs to go to the restroom)
ME: DAFUQ is too far?
THISDUDE: Like, I don't know, one part they were making fun of crippled people.
ME: ok (made a face that looks like I need to go to the restroom)
THISDUDE: That is horrible-- how could that be funny to anyone?
ME: Oh, fuck you're serious . . .

Why is there a fucking line with some people like that?

OMG they joked about Jesus!!!

Run away!!! They said pope's fuck infants!!!

What kind of sick fuck actually believes that pretending not to be tickled by the people around us (regardless of their 'condition') makes you a better person? I mean if I was crippled, I would accept it and make Professor X jokes all the time-- or use it as leverage to get a handjob from some sympathetic chick-- but the point is, yeah I might get all butt-hurt if somebody I care about said that I was a useless fucking cripple but not because someone on fucking TV made a funny . . . I mean be serious for a second.

This guy is telling me that he has never had a disresepectful, humorous thought about God . . . ORLY? I highly fucking doubt that. You have just fooled yourself into believing that if you laugh at some joke like that you will go to Hell so you are scared to admit that you wanted to just laugh.

Get a grip on yourself because I think a lot of the time it is people's own fucking insecurities that make them want to randomly champion some other group of people-- they remember getting picked on so now they are savior of the oppressed?

How about learning the real truth: Nothing is sacred so stay in the damn house if you want to have it your way all the time.

And I fucking love Family Guy Angry
Family Guy is quite benign as far as animated satire goes.
I guess the fellow you had your discussion with has never enjoyed South Park, Robot Chicken or The Simpsons either then.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
sounds like it's just pussification of society again.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
i never saw any of that,it's a pretty good rant though
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
That guy the OP had the convo with is retarded for judging a tv show after watching only one episode, but he's prolly retarded in others ways too.

I used a google Whinybitch to English translation tool to understand what offended guy was really saying:

Wildcard Wrote:how could that be funny to anyone?

'I find it makes me squirm when I laugh at it, so now I have to project my feelings of guilt onto others who also find it funny. That way, I'll feel beter about myself and can take the moral high ground if I feel the need. If I find it funny, it's ok, if I don't, then there obviously must be something sick and evil about it. I'll try to inform and save as many souls as possible, because that's how I roll.'

I'm not sure how well you know this character Wildcard, but it sounds like he's begging to be trolled and pranked, preferably along the lines of god/jesus jokes.
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
(05-19-2013, 03:23 AM)Spudgun17 Wrote: That guy the OP had the convo with is retarded for judging a tv show after watching only one episode, but he's prolly retarded in others ways too.

He might be suffering from brainwashing and/or mass psychosis.
The bible belt region of the south central United States has a lot of people like that.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
It is amazing how many of these mother fuckers are completely convinced that God is staring over their shoulder ready to strike. If that were the case I would've been a struck ass long ago.
Watch this and realize that even if there is a god, why would he care what we do on our tiny speck of a planet?

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
great find,SF
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
(05-19-2013, 03:23 AM)Spudgun17 Wrote: 'I find it makes me squirm when I laugh at it, so now I have to project my feelings of guilt onto others who also find it funny. That way, I'll feel beter about myself and can take the moral high ground if I feel the need. If I find it funny, it's ok, if I don't, then there obviously must be something sick and evil about it. I'll try to inform and save as many souls as possible, because that's how I roll.'

I'm not sure how well you know this character Wildcard, but it sounds like he's begging to be trolled and pranked, preferably along the lines of god/jesus jokes.
Well said. My thoughts are that life can be pretty crappy, so humor is a really important thing to have. Some things can be funny to others, but not me. I'll still appreciate the humor in it. If something was said in jest, no matter how you disagree, how can you get mad at it.

Which brings me to organized religion. I'm an agnostic, but I make sure I don't judge or try to insult those that do believe. So I apologize for the next statement if it offends anyone. Organized religion (I'm talking more about Christianiaty, since that is how I was raised) Has built in fear mechanisms to try to "keep you on the right path" Don't take the lords name in vane or you'll go to hell. Don't want what anyone else has or you'll go to hell. For those who are hooked into it 100%, they have to try and convince themselves that they are good people, mainly by judging & shooting down others. Some of the most devout Christians I've met, are the most 2 faced, judgemental b@stards in the world. The really scary thing is they don't know that's how they are...The stupid people who really think they know better (for ex: that church group that goes and protests funerals). Now, this is just me blowing off steam, but people like that how can't absorb actual intelligence, and do things like this, need to be dealt with in a language they understand...which is to throw them a nice ass beating.

Holy crap. I just said I don't judge, but did a good job judging, so let me edit my statement - I'll never judge anyone, except for people who decide they have the right to judge others, then it's open season.

Anyway, sorry for the super long rant, I know this is rant central, but I can really go off sometimes... I have no edit button, unfortunately.