Current time: 08-21-2017, 01:26 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Filming Live Performance Bad Manners?
06-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Is Filming Live Performance Bad Manners?
[Image: _67990900_krystianzimermanhighres1-credi...anddgg.jpg]One of the world's leading pianists,
Krystian Zimerman, walked off-stage during a performance because he saw a fan filming his performance on a smartphone.

He eventually returned to the stage and finished the show but not before making this declaration:

Quote:The destruction of music because of YouTube is enormous.

Apparently his is not alone. In April, indie rock band the Yeah Yeah Yeahs put up a note for fans entering a gig.

Quote:Please do not watch the show through a screen on your smart device/camera,

Former Pink Floyd bassist and vocalist Roger Waters described filming at gigs as showing a "lack of respect" to the artist. I personally don't understand why they aren't flattered that someone wants to see the show again so much that they want to record it.

I can see if peeps were setting up video rigs and cranes in the aisles but what is the harm in grabbing a video to remember the concert by?

Am I missing something here?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2013, 06:25 PM
RE: Is Filming Live Performance Bad Manners?
they don't get any revenue from it.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)