Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignorant and Arrogant
yeah!
Fistfull of xanax
My view is a valid one.

Just like in other trades where they call themselves professionals take Qualified butchers... what do they do that we all cant do?

"Chop meat"
(08-15-2013, 04:23 AM)snilloc Wrote: My view is a valid one.

No, it is a very ignorant one. Confused

(08-15-2013, 04:23 AM)snilloc Wrote: Just like in other trades where they call themselves professionals take Qualified butchers... what do they do that we all cant do?

"Chop meat"

With that attitude, it is obvious that you are not qualified as a journeyman butcher.
Pairing a carcass by making the correct cuts, separating the different types of cuts, and dressing them into suitable pieces is not something that you are going to learn overnight.

Only a fool would dismiss out of hand skill-sets that he himself does not posses.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein

No snilly. It is not valid. Confused

I believe you are suffering from a mental condition known as the Dunning–Kruger effect.
You can read about it here: --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%...ger_effect
- Robert A. Heinlein
(08-15-2013, 10:38 PM)velvetfog Wrote:

No snilly. It is not valid. Confused

I believe you are suffering from a mental condition known as the Dunning–Kruger effect.
You can read about it here: --> [Image: Wiki_zpsb25db3c9.jpg] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%...ger_effect
Just jumping on a statement like "butchers chop meat" shows a level of ignorance and arrogance that many do not achieve. Like Velvetfog says, style of cuts... and even the hammering the nails correctly. Just because you walk by a butcher shop and see the meat don't think that can easily be done. Also seeing someone doing something like making a house hammering nails.. This ignorant and arrogant can well me merged with the Stereotypes, since it seems you apply vocations like that as easy or stupid people work. You couldn't be more incorrect!!
See? Snilly is as bright as a bucket of dogshit. It's not ignorance or arrogance applying here, just good ol' retarded stupidity!!!!!!!!!!
I started to say that this thread is off topic, but it is never off topic to discuss snilloc in a thread that is about being both ignorant and arrogant-- nothing could be more on topic Wink

Having said that, I am still a little awed when I re-read this thread and I am convinced that snilly was just trolling from the beginning.
(08-13-2013, 02:51 AM)snilloc Wrote: The most arrogant people I have met come from old money and then spend their lives telling others how to live theirs.

In the UK the most arrogant ones end up in politics.

Now Ignorance and Arrogance have joined forces and given us our Prime Minister Mr David Cameron Sad

Most male British politicians from monied families attended Eaton College or one of the other old "public schools" in their early teens.
That is where they learned to become confident members of the ruling class.
David Cameron attended Eaton. He is the 19th British prime minister to do so.
- Robert A. Heinlein
I don't really know, He's said a few other things the same way and he wasn't kidding. I took it as he was incensed that he even had to post because we should have all got it ( like we were arguing the sky was green and he was trying to say it was blue). But who knows, that's one of the negatives about communication that's not face to face.

I also re-read my message when I was "Pell" and remember how stupid and douchey that was... Was definitely consuming more DXM that I should have been. Sometimes I read shit I posted and either don't remember or think, "what the fuck was I thinking"

Anyway, Arrogance can be associated more with class (not all the time though), the higher the class, the snobbier the people.

I'll go ahead and prove my own point wrong by using my father in law as an example. Most intelligent man I've ever met, as high a class as you can imagine, and he thinks nothing of dressing in regular clothes & talking to. everybody. He says he likes it that way since you can see how people really treat you... The Arrogance comes out in waves. He always tells me "play it dumb like a fox"