• Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

IRC Chat down? (Working)
    (11-27-2018, 07:45 PM)politux Wrote:  
    (11-27-2018, 05:21 PM)HTorr3ntz Wrote:  we have discord. fuck irc Big Grin

Discord is tracking everything you do man. I don't need stupid "features" that it has. I like the text only basic nature of IRC. It is way better than facefuck or twitter, discord, myspace, pintrest or whatever the fuck the kids are using, snapchat or something else I've never heard of.

there is tons of ways you can be tracked. just give up on trying to hide, its not gonna work in the current world. if they really wanna get to you they can no matter how hard you are hiding.

also i rather grow with the new world then remaining stuck in the old.
    (This post was last modified: 11-28-2018, 07:27 AM by HTorr3ntz.)
    (11-28-2018, 07:26 AM)HTorr3ntz Wrote:  also i rather grow with the new world then remaining stuck in the old.

That's fine, I prefer IRC for the reasons listed. I don't want emojis and shit. I don't want people to know what game I'm playing or if I'm playing a game. Discord just strikes me as kind of gross, like skype. I'm pretty sure it's not open source. That might not bother you but it does bother me for a variety of reasons. I agree if the NSA or someone like that wants to fuck you, you will get fucked. That doesn't mean you should just not care about your privacy. You can protect yourself from some corporations selling your info to 3rd parties if you refuse to use Facebook, Twitter, other social media. And if you take simple precautions like ublock origin, privacy badger, https everywhere, no javascript, etc.  I use Google and YouTube and Android, etc so I'm sure google is making some cash off my private info but I accept that because I like Android and YouTube and Google Maps, etc. I don't like Discord enough to give up any privacy to them, because IRC to me is more fun and not cluttered with moving animated bullshit.  But that's personal opinion. As I said in the previous OS thread, use what you like. But saying IRC is "old" is kind of a dumb argument. I like that it's old because what the web has become now is capitalist garbage.
    You can hide from the gov on RC, though.

Not only do we have a rock-solid privacy policy, I also have a "kill switch" installed that can wipe every IP from the database with one click (and it is automatically initiated in the event that someone attempts to brute force the db credentials [don't worry I can restore everything from backups taken nightly]).

Additionally, our staff are all people who value their privacy and the privacy of others so one of the few places you can be sure of your anonymity is right here. Big Grin
    (11-28-2018, 01:12 PM)Wildcard Wrote:  our staff are all people who value their privacy and the privacy of others so one of the few places you can be sure of your anonymity is right here. Big Grin

Never doubted it for a second mate, but it's good to hear. Smile
    No problem.

I think @Spud17 is even more paranoid than I am LMAO

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
    Last Post by Wildcard
    08-28-2013, 07:34 AM
    Last Post by Mark
    12-25-2011, 11:25 AM