Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IM / Chat?
Unfortunately, the current system we are using doesn't allow for 'instant' notification. You have to refresh the browser in order to see both new posts and PMs. I will look into a JavaScript plugin that might allow more 'instant' messages. Thanks for the suggestion, but being honest, I wouldn't look for it any time soon.

EDIT: I just re-read your post. You don't have to take all those steps to PM someone. Actually there are several 'two-click' methods to PM anyone who is on-line. Probably the easiest way is to click on their avatar(in the 'Who's Online Avatar Box'- left side) or the username(anywhere you see it on the site) and then towards the bottom of the window click the link that says 'Send xxx a private message.

Another way to get there with two clicks is to click the 'Private Messages' link in the welcome block(top right corner of the page where your avatar is) and then click 'Compose' in the menu to the left.
Wildcard is awesome.
I get what she's saying - like the instant chat on FB. Would be an excellent addition, but I would have to research the coding. Mark, you already have your hands full, I can look into this.
(12-24-2011, 07:14 PM)Mark Wrote: Unfortunately, the current system we are using doesn't allow for 'instant' notification. You have to refresh the browser in order to see both new posts and PMs. I will look into a JavaScript plugin that might allow more 'instant' messages. Thanks for the suggestion, but being honest, I wouldn't look for it any time soon.

EDIT: I just re-read your post. You don't have to take all those steps to PM someone. Actually there are several 'two-click' methods to PM anyone who is on-line. Probably the easiest way is to click on their avatar(in the 'Who's Online Avatar Box'- left side) or the username(anywhere you see it on the site) and then towards the bottom of the window click the link that says 'Send xxx a private message.

Another way to get there with two clicks is to click the 'Private Messages' link in the welcome block(top right corner of the page where your avatar is) and then click 'Compose' in the menu to the left.

i love that you said 'send "xxx" a message', cuz we all know what comes up if you google "xxx"
:d I love you Koda!

(12-24-2011, 08:21 PM)Aish Wrote: I get what she's saying - like the instant chat on FB. Would be an excellent addition, but I would have to research the coding. Mark, you already have your hands full, I can look into this.

That's awesome! Thanks and let me know what you figure out. Heart
Wildcard is awesome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IRC Chat down? (Working) Caylus 22 260 08-05-2015, 08:09 AM
Last Post: radiobox
  Chat Box 2010kaiser 2 2,815 08-28-2013, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Wildcard