Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 thread.
Match 15 - WI vs Zimbabwe (WI wins by 73 runs)

[Image: 8gd1d5G.jpg]

Chris Gayle signs an autograph for the camera after his record-breaking double century at the Manuka Oval, in Canberra, on Tuesday.

West Indies 372/2 (50.0 ov)
Zimbabwe 289 (44.3/48 ov, target 363)

Scorecard (ESPNcricinfo)
Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
England lose their match against Sri Lanka and are now just above Scotland at the bottom of the points table.
With two matches to go for them, one against Afghanistan and the other Bangladesh, they could just about make it to the quarters. New Zealand and Sri Lanka are into the quarters and Australia is quite likely to enter quarters too. The fourth slot is up for grabs between Afghanistan, England and Bangladesh.
Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
yeah,england are just about to going to make it,they won't get any further though
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
Ingerland out of ICC World Cup. Details (espncricinfo)
Poor leadership and lackluster performance.
They could have at least made it to quarters, but I guess the better team won (Bangladesh).

Pool A: New Zealand, Australia, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are through to the Quarters.
(England and Afghanistan eliminated)

Pool B: India looks to have qualified.
South Africa, Pakistan and Ireland are on 6 points with 1,1, and 2 games left. West Indies has one more game to go. They'll have to win it with a significant 'Net Run Rate' to have a chance to move to the quarters. Else it looks like the qualifiers are:
India, South Africa, Pakistan, Ireland
(Zimbabwe and UAE eliminated)
good the poms are out,they were dismal
of small minds[
OK. We enter the Semi Final matches tomorrow.

Semi-Final matches:

1) New Zealand vs South Africa (24th, Tuesday, Eden Park, Auckland)

2) India vs Australia (24th March, Thursday, SCG, Sydney)

Grand Final - (29th, Sunday, MCG, Melbourne)

For the record Quarter-Finalists were:
India, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Pakistan
New Zealand, Australia, West Indies, Bangladesh

Zimbabwe and Ireland played some good cricket.
For Afghanistan, this was their first World Cup outing.

Pakistan played some really good cricket and might have pulled off an upset in the QFs, beating Australia.

I'll be watching the second semi-final match like those frightened Roman soldiers in Asterix comics.

[Image: ERTX9rY.jpg]
May the best team win !
I know one should report un-biasedly, but am really really upset at South Africa's loss to NZ today.

Both teams played excellent cricket.

One is almost tempted to say it is the 'hand of fate', but I guess it was just the play of weather, first the rain and then the dew factor.

Well played AB and team. You guys played your heart out.

Well played McCullum. You were smashing.

Here's a "site" report
Quote:'This was not the cleanest game of cricket you've ever seen -- there were too many flubs and fumbles for that. But it was certainly the semi-final this mostly blah tournament has needed -- two tough, well-rounded teams, toe to toe, slugging it out, bleeding and drawing blood until there was only one left standing.'
- Source
tomorrow it's gonna be boring
of small minds[
It will be a history day ! Most of the country will be on leave I guess.

I just read AB's interview to the press. I 'crid'. So 'sed' really.

Incidentally IPL kicks off on April 8th I believe. Half my life is spent watching cricket. :-p

Edit: Tomorrow will be a 'pre-historic' day. 29th (Finals) will be the historic day. "You'll see" (singing Madge's song).
the whole country is goanna be on suicide mode

what time does it start?
of small minds[

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread. Spud17 395 81,633 09-29-2015, 11:52 PM
Last Post: LZA
  World Kidney Awareness Day radiobox 1 1,680 03-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Last Post: radiobox
  The Commonwealth Games thread. Spud17 1 1,990 07-25-2014, 11:56 AM
Last Post: radiobox