Current time: 07-21-2017, 03:38 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I seed my own torrents using a seedobx?
03-05-2015, 11:27 PM
How do I seed my own torrents using a seedobx?
This may sound like a retarded question, but for the life of me, I haven't figured it out. All works beautifully when I download from others as it seeds back up to 2 to 1, then sort of gets sick and backs off. However, when it comes to my torrents, I don't know how to use it to seed myself. If anyone knows, I would appreciate your getting back to me. Thanks. BTW, I am using Dediseed.

[Image: RC63_zps7d70adfb.jpg]
Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought. -Graham Greene
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2015, 03:23 AM
RE: How do I seed my own torrents using a seedobx?
you can upload content via ftp or by uploading your torrent files tip the seed box via the html control panel... then sending to it from your computer.

the 2:1 ratio can be controlled through the settings the html interface.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Find all posts by this user
03-06-2015, 08:32 AM
So you are saying for me to put the torrent file in the FTP first? Sporkium, pretend your are speaking to an idiot because this is new to me. Where is the html control panel? I do not see anything to change the ratio or perhaps I am not looking in the right place. Oh, my voice of reason, help me! Big Grin

03-06-2015, 05:32 PM
You'll have to get an FTP client (Filezilla is what I use) and copy the files to the appropriate folder on your server and then add your torrent into the seedbox client. Sometimes you have to force a recheck of the torrent but it depends on the client installed on your host.

It would help if you told us more about your seedbox. Relevant information would be the type of seedbox, the brand of torrent client installed and the type of access you have (shell or more limited).

03-06-2015, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 09:15 PM by Arachne.)
I have Filezilla 3.10.1.1 already and that is what I am using to seed the torrents that I leech. Also using uTorrent 2.0.4 build 22150 and my seedbox is Dediseed https://dediseedbox.com/ I have the $25 hookup.

Are you saying that I have to take a subdirectory, i.e., c:/mymusic/various/2_various and move that over to Filezilla to get it to the seedbox? If so, after it has gone through Filezilla to the seedbox, where am I creating the torrent? I am doing that in the seedbox or what? I am so lost to help myself.

Another issue, how can I adjust it so that I seed back more than 2x because it seems to lag after doing 2 for 1 it say finished. In other instances when it should be seeding it say paused.

I am a n00b at this so your help is greatly appreciated. This is the first time I am using FTP and a seedbox. Also opted for VPN through another company.

Please feel free to respond like you are talking to an idiot. Big Grin I love you guys and you know it.

One more question for the road, can I load torrents into the seedbox that have been downloaded already through uTorrent to boost my ratio? If so, how do I do that?

03-06-2015, 10:05 PM
The process of seeding a torrent with a seedbox can be started in two different ways.

You can download the torrent in the seedbox (for existing torrents) and seeding will begin automatically when download is complete.

Or you can FTP the files downloaded through the torrent to the seedbox server, add the torrent into ruTorrent and then force a recheck so the torrent client 'realizes' that the torrent has been completely downloaded.

If you have files you want to share, you will have to create a torrent of those files and upload that torrent to TPB, KAT or some other torrent site. This must be done before you can share it with others (seed).

As to seeding torrents you have downloaded on your PC, the process would be to move the downloaded files to the server via FTP, add the torrent in ruTorrent (your seedbox's web UI) and then force a recheck so that seeding can begin.

It is important to note that from browsing your seedbox's website, it appears that they throttle seeding on public trackers. I don't know if that will be a problem for you or not.

03-07-2015, 02:11 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 02:32 AM by radiobox.)
I did a bit of reading and here is my n00b guide.
Caveat: Never used a seedbox in my life. Confused

Use Filezilla (FTP client) to transfer files from PC to seedbox (and vice versa)

Once done, use the web GUI (rutorrent) to create a torrent for the (above) transferred files.

Google: "What is rutorrent"
Quote:ruTorrent is a web interface to rtorrent (a console based BitTorrent client). It uses rtorrent's build-in xmlrpc server to communicate with it. It is lightweight, highly extensible, and is designed to look similar to uTorrent.

Do a hash check from rutorrent to verify correct creation. Start the torrent. Now you are ready to seed the file.

Fetch the torrent file and upload it to TPB/KAT, to let the world know. Sit back and enjoy.

rutorrent has a 'Filemanager' plugin (should be among the tabs in your web gui).
This can be used to manage (copy/move/delete) your files _on_ the seedbox.
You can keep movie files in one folder, music files in another.
/home/arachne/torrents/music
/home/arachne/torrents/movies
/home/arachne/torrents/other

seedboxes usually run Linux. Some you should see paths like /home/username/, instead of c:\mymusic\ etc

rutorrent (web gui) is for all intents and purposes your bittorrent client. The utorrent on your PC does not enter the picture if am right.

Tip:
I'd suggest using a small file (ebook) to experiment your first upload.
You can then try downloading from another PC or ask someone here/nearby to help, by sharing the torrent HASH.

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
03-07-2015, 11:19 PM
Since it is late and I just got back from work, I will give it a quick try, time allowing, before I go to work tomorrow. If it works, I will be sure to let you guys know. I want to thank you for all your help. Cross your fingers in hopes that I can do it right. Surely, I will have more questions.

Once again, thanks and I'll let you know if it works.

03-10-2015, 01:01 AM
(03-06-2015 10:05 PM)Wildcard Wrote:  The process of seeding a torrent with a seedbox can be started in two different ways.

You can download the torrent in the seedbox (for existing torrents) and seeding will begin automatically when download is complete.

Or you can FTP the files downloaded through the torrent to the seedbox server, add the torrent into ruTorrent and then force a recheck so the torrent client 'realizes' that the torrent has been completely downloaded.

If you have files you want to share, you will have to create a torrent of those files and upload that torrent to TPB, KAT or some other torrent site. This must be done before you can share it with others (seed).

As to seeding torrents you have downloaded on your PC, the process would be to move the downloaded files to the server via FTP, add the torrent in ruTorrent (your seedbox's web UI) and then force a recheck so that seeding can begin.

It is important to note that from browsing your seedbox's website, it appears that they throttle seeding on public trackers. I don't know if that will be a problem for you or not.

Although I added a test file to my FTP and then from my PC and then added the torrent to ruTorrent, the forced recheck indicates that the file is downloading with an error.

Can you suggest a seedbox that works with public and private trackers because Dediseed is not doing what I want it to do. I am disgusted at this point in the fact that I can't seed my own torrents through them to public trackers and I am limited in my sharing ratio with private trackers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks WC.

03-10-2015, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2015 08:59 AM by radiobox.)
Found a discussion thread at KAT on the seedboxes users prefer.

From a post in that thread.
Quote:The thing about seedboxes is that you can't just quit your provider if your speeds drop...you've got to put in a ticket and tell them that the speeds have gotten so slow that the box is worthless. SeedboxCo has migrated me into another server 3 times due to request because of slowing speeds, they respond to my requests immediately, and their service department is fantastic.
New neighbors in your disk is what slows the speeds, depending upon the behavior of your 'neighbors', and the companies have no way of really effectively monitoring that, so you've got to tell them.
source (kat)

torrent-invites.com has many threads.
But KAT discussion looks more to the point.
(Hands over mike.)

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  quickly load/download multiple torrents. radiobox 2 1,347 05-20-2014 11:57 PM
Last Post: radiobox

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)