• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How Do You Know For Sure?
    Its a question as old as time. How can you be sure that you are in love?

I've heard a lot of good answers that made very little sense to me before I had actually been in love-- and now they make a lot more sense.

Its said a lot that you 'just know' . . . I always looked at that as a cop out until I actually fell in love for the first time. Now I find that although inadequate, it is probably the best answer I can give. Its not that that there are no doubts. It is just that when you try to reason it out there is just something that will not let you accept anything other than spending the rest of your life with that person.

So what is your opinion?

How can you be sure that you are in love?
    you're in love when you're sighing and looking into the distance all the timeHug

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    (10-15-2014, 09:31 PM)srijantje Wrote:  you're in love when you're sighing and looking into the distance all the timeHug

that could just as easily describe anyone who's been stuck in morning rush-hour traffic.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    [Image: 24cu2lj.jpg]
    forlorn

of small minds[
    (10-15-2014, 07:37 PM)Wildcard Wrote:  Its a question as old as time. How can you be sure that you are in love?
    So what is your opinion?
    How can you be sure that you are in love?

I must say that anyone who finds a lady who is anything at all like your lady should just give up the ghost and admit to having found their one and only. Why? Because she seems like a one in a million lady and no matter how much respect and admiration anyone may have for you, those are real tough odds to beat. Anyone with half a brain should just toss in the towel when they come up against odds like those.

1) Don't you think?

2) Why would you even be bothered to post questions like these? It just seems so ridiculous to me. But then again, I have never been in real true love. So, I don't know.
    (10-30-2014, 10:31 AM)AliShibaz Wrote:  Why would you even be bothered to post questions like these?

To strike up a discussion. Rolleyes

From time to time, I have ideas for threads and when I think they are universal enough and suitable for this site, I post them. It is my way of contributing :p
    oh,I thought it was more personalLMAO

of small minds[
    I came across a Sonnet of Shakespeare titled "True Love", which kinda answers the question posed.

Quote: Let me not to the marriage of true minds
    Admit impediments. Love is not love
    Which alters when it alteration finds,
    Or bends with the remover to remove:

O no; it is an ever-fixed mark,
    That looks on tempests, and is never shaken;
    It is the star to every wandering bark,
    Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.

Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
    Within his bending sickle's compass come;
    Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
    But bears it out even to the edge of doom.

If this be error and upon me proved,
    I never writ, nor no man ever loved.
    Paraphrased: http://www.shakespeare-online.com/sonnet...etail.html

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
    i came across this verse from a vandals song that also kinda answers the question:

the vandals - marry me

young girl says to her mom,
    "how did you know that father was the one?"
    then mom just rolls her eyes
    she says, "you'll find that special guy"
    but to herself she cannot lie
    she says, "i'm praying for the day i die
    and they bury me"

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.