Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Homophobe?
I played a Christmas party last night. Afterwards a few friends of mine were sitting around shooting whiskey and the shit. One of the ladies mentioned that Brad Pitt had a nice body and I immediately agreed. This brought on an avalanche of jeers from the guys. One in particular was so confused he couldn't quite respond. When he regained his composure he asked me if I was gay.

As most of you know, I am not gay, but then again I'm not a homophobe either. To me saying that a man is good looking or specifically appreciating a certain aspect of his appearance is no different than praising the beauty of a sunrise. Well the women at the table were basically defensive of my stand, asking the guys if they could honestly say that they had never found a man attractive. All of them chorused a resounding 'Not no, but hell no.' With some trailing off into, 'I never really notice how men look . . .' or some other bull shit.

Isn't it natural to appreciate aesthetics regardless of gender? To be clear, a man has never turned me on or made me want to experiment, but I have certainly been impressed by a man's physique, a nice face or way of carrying himself. In fact, sometimes I envy other men who have physical characteristics that I'd like to have.

Am I alone in this?
Wildcard is awesome.
(12-18-2011, 03:28 PM)Mark Wrote: I played a Christmas party last night. Afterwards a few friends of mine were sitting around shooting whiskey and the shit. One of the ladies mentioned that Brad Pitt had a nice body and I immediately agreed. This brought on an avalanche of jeers from the guys. One in particular was so confused he couldn't quite respond. When he regained his composure he asked me if I was gay.
As most of you know, I am not gay, but then again I'm not a homophobe either. To me saying that a man is good looking or specifically appreciating a certain aspect of his appearance is no different than praising the beauty of a sunrise. Well the women at the table were basically defensive of my stand, asking the guys if they could honestly say that they had never found a man attractive. All of them chorused a resounding 'Not no, but hell no.' With some trailing off into, 'I never really notice how men look . . .' or some other bull shit.
Isn't it natural to appreciate aesthetics regardless of gender? To be clear, a man has never turned me on or made me want to experiment, but I have certainly been impressed by a man's physique, a nice face or way of carrying himself. In fact, sometimes I envy other men who have physical characteristics that I'd like to have.

Am I alone in this?

Women notice other women, women compare themselves to other women, women appreciate the aesthetics of other women - men should be secure enough in their own sexuality to do the same.
I was conversing with a male friend one time and mentioned another male I found attractive and he immediately piped up with "yeah, he's a sexy guy and talented to boot". It mimicked your own scene. His female co-workers immediately applauded him and the other males in the room recoiled in horror.

Any person regardless of gender who claims they do not notice how others look are full of shit.

i can easily compare any given man to the accept standards of male beauty but i can't actually see the beauty itself.
men are freak mutants with freak mutant chromossomes, and to be quite honest, all the persons i consider to be beautiful happen to be women.
i've had women trying to explain me how a "six-pack" (hey, why not make love to a concrete wall, by the way?) beats the soft baby-like texture of a woman's skin, or how a muscular set of "pecs" beats the perfumed tenderness of a pair of boobies. but, you know, it's probably not for me to understand.
(12-18-2011, 05:13 PM)Aish Wrote:
(12-18-2011, 03:28 PM)Mark Wrote: I played a Christmas party last night. Afterwards a few friends of mine were sitting around shooting whiskey and the shit. One of the ladies mentioned that Brad Pitt had a nice body and I immediately agreed. This brought on an avalanche of jeers from the guys. One in particular was so confused he couldn't quite respond. When he regained his composure he asked me if I was gay.

Am I alone in this?

Women notice other women, women compare themselves to other women, women appreciate the aesthetics of other women - men should be secure enough in their own sexuality to do the same.
I was conversing with a male friend one time and mentioned another male I found attractive and he immediately piped up with "yeah, he's a sexy guy and talented to boot". It mimicked your own scene. His female co-workers immediately applauded him and the other males in the room recoiled in horror.

Any person regardless of gender who claims they do not notice how others look are full of shit.

Aish is right, it's nothing for a woman to compliment other females' characteristics and think nothing of it. We love hearing it from our fellow gals, because it also shows that they are confident enough in their own selves to compliment eachother, and not be jealous or what not. Now, I joke around with guys when I hear them say/do something kinda gay, I'll say "you have 5 seconds to say 'no homo'.." but it's nothing I'm serious about. I'm not a homophobe. I use the phrase just as loosely as I would "that's waht she said!"
"Let the music be your master. Will you heed the master's call?"

Am I alone in this?

sorry mark but i just have to throw this in ( FUCKING QUEER ) just thought it was a must
(12-18-2011, 06:49 PM)KARPACKIE Wrote: sorry mark but i just have to throw this in ( FUCKING QUEER ) just thought it was a must

I am so surprised it took this long for someone to say it

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO
Wildcard is awesome.
Speaking from the other side of the fence, I've found many women attractive during my life. I find Joan Crawford and Anne Sexton especially beautiful. Their perfect, sinewy bodies and handsome, serious faces are a delight to behold. And women fascinate me. Their voices, clothes, personalities. Yet I've never become sexually aroused at the sight of a woman. So yeah, there's nothing odd about appreciating the aesthetic look of someone who doesn't belong to your preferred gender. I'm sure those guys at that Christmas party have all done the same.
(12-18-2011, 07:33 PM)heslopian Wrote: I'm sure those guys at that Christmas party have all done the same.

I'm sure they have, but I'm puzzled as to why almost every man I've communicated with on this subject unanimously deny it. Huh And why all the women seem to take it for granted that appreciation of a person should transcend gender. Huh again . . .
Wildcard is awesome.
i def.see men who look good in my eyes all the time,but it's sort of fleeting,not like when i see good looking women,it lingers
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
I know I am bumping a old thread (and will twist it a bit) but I saw the subject line and read thru it realizing that you need a full spectrum of opinions here. I am gay. (see my avatar). But its not something immediately obvious until somebody says something or somebody (oh baby) goes by.
U want to make a bunch of guys really be uncomfortable? Have a testosterone tower of hot maleness (OK maybe a slight exaggeration, i was wearing a cowboy hat and jeans and belt with boots, toothpick in my mouth , and a utility knife on my belt and 20 years younger) make a comment about another mans attractiveness and potential physical agility and watch the jaws flop open, THEN they remember to start making noises about how they are blind to what is seen.. Then they start asking the testosterone tower how he could b gay? (Its easy, be a man).
Later 2 of them came to me and said I was right and they reacted the way they did because of peer pressure. Those 2 guys are my friends still to this day. They even occasionally point out a choice specimen of male anatomy if I happen to be looking the other way. To me THOSE are guys who are secure with themselves. Surprisingly for breeders they have good taste.