Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Home Bible Studies Require Permit in OC, CA
Knocking on door AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
(04-23-2012, 09:54 AM)srijantje Wrote: religion can also be a problem if you don't believe in it,crusaders,mad spanish landing in the americas,jehova witnesses knocking on your door,to name a few

Jehova's Witnesses aren't even what they claim to believe so ardently - 'Jehova' is NOT a name of the Judaic/Christian God it is in fact mindless prattle, erroneously based on the Tetragrammaton and purportedly a variation of Yahweh used by the German Pietists (a Jewish sect) - all of which is a blatant falsehood.

Back to the topic which spawned the thread initially, I personally think that any home gathering (home churches are not all that rare) should not require a permit unless they are applying for tax exempt status. Then again I personally think most forms of regulation should be abolished. Whether or not this is truly unconstitutional will rest with the courts.
(04-24-2012, 12:07 AM)Aish Wrote: ...Back to the topic which spawned the thread initially, I personally think that any home gathering (home churches are not all that rare) should not require a permit unless they are applying for tax exempt status. Then again I personally think most forms of regulation should be abolished. Whether or not this is truly unconstitutional will rest with the courts.

this is kind of a big story out here... that initial story was extremely bias.

the facts are... their 'gatherings' actually resemble block parties and impede traffic to the point where it not only prevents the neighborhood from functioning, it poses a safety hazard and lowers property value.

additionally, they have been accepting donations to run their operation.

the reason they call it a bible study group is because according to the law, they don't have to file any permits or file for a tax exempt status... they are actually found an inventive way of making money.

the reason the city is citing the gathering law is because this group found a loop hole in the law and are exploiting it severely.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
(04-24-2012, 12:07 AM)Aish Wrote:
(04-23-2012, 09:54 AM)srijantje Wrote: religion can also be a problem if you don't believe in it,crusaders,mad spanish landing in the americas,jehova witnesses knocking on your door,to name a few

Jehova's Witnesses aren't even what they claim to believe so ardently - 'Jehova' is NOT a name of the Judaic/Christian God it is in fact mindless prattle, erroneously based on the Tetragrammaton and purportedly a variation of Yahweh used by the German Pietists (a Jewish sect) - all of which is a blatant falsehood.

Back to the topic which spawned the thread initially, I personally think that any home gathering (home churches are not all that rare) should not require a permit unless they are applying for tax exempt status. Then again I personally think most forms of regulation should be abolished. Whether or not this is truly unconstitutional will rest with the courts.

For anyone interested:
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articl...agrammaton