• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Home Bible Studies Require Permit in OC, CA
    (04-22-2012, 12:53 PM)Mark Wrote:  
    (04-22-2012, 12:24 PM)Lightbringer Wrote:  Waco Texas ring a bell? JonesTown ring a bell?

Oh I know that religion can become a problem as can anything involving us idiot humans. It just sounds like you are arguing that people shouldn't have those freedoms.

Is that what you are saying?

Nope....all I am saying is that allowing religious freedom is fine as long as it's not shoved down peoples throats against their will. It's a weapon. Christianity uses Hell as a weapon against it's followers if they do not accept some sandal wearing sheep herder as a saviour......may not be a weapon in terms of violence like in using a gun it's more brain washing and mind control being used as a weapon which religion as mastered.
    You are hopelessly bent against religion- that is evident. And I, for one applaud you having made that choice for whatever reason and sticking with it.

People's opinions- like their words can be cutting, but as grown-ups we all have choices to make. Many people that are raised in Christian homes, for instance, grow up to be agnostics and atheists; many children who grow up in agnostic or indifferent homes grow up to accept a faith, be it Buddhism or Catholicism.

My point is that influential people have a right to their beliefs just like those of us who have no pull. If you are in a position of power, will you not use that position to further you beliefs?

For instance if you were President of the United States of America wouldn't you use that power to help stop the influence of religions in such a pushy way?

Wildcard is awesome.
    (04-22-2012, 02:07 PM)Mark Wrote:  You are hopelessly bent against religion- that is evident. And I, for one applaud you having made that choice for whatever reason and sticking with it.

People's opinions- like their words can be cutting, but as grown-ups we all have choices to make. Many people that are raised in Christian homes, for instance, grow up to be agnostics and atheists; many children who grow up in agnostic or indifferent homes grow up to accept a faith, be it Buddhism or Catholicism.

My point is that influential people have a right to their beliefs just like those of us who have no pull. If you are in a position of power, will you not use that position to further you beliefs?

For instance if you were President of the United States of America wouldn't you use that power to help stop the influence of religions in such a pushy way?

Quote:You are hopelessly bent against religion- that is evident.

True I am....Big Grin
    Excuse me for interrupting the thread butDodgy

Surely religion can only be a problem if you believe in it.

Therefor if you don’t believe in religion it cant be a problem. Or can itAngel
    If it annoyed you by its very presence or by the presence of the believers, it could I guess.

Wildcard is awesome.
    I guess it depends on your view. Mine is just one everyone don't agree with it that's fine. I am the only one that has to live with it. Glad everyone kept the discussion clean without name calling thanks.
    (04-22-2012, 05:59 PM)Lightbringer Wrote:  I guess it depends on your view. Mine is just one everyone don't agree with it that's fine. I am the only one that has to live with it. Glad everyone kept the discussion clean without name calling thanks.

Not allowed up here in the open forum . . . now down in The Pit is a different story.

And I am capable of strongly disagreeing without getting nasty. Hell, it's a rant forum if nobody disagrees how fun will that be? :p

Wildcard is awesome.
    May have to visit that Pit one day.
    different class es
    religion can also be a problem if you don't believe in it,crusaders,mad spanish landing in the americas,jehova witnesses knocking on your door,to name a few

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[