Current time: 08-18-2017, 07:39 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hitler's Mein Kampf may return to Bavarian schools
04-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Hitler's Mein Kampf may return to Bavarian schools
Quote:(Reuters) - The German state of Bavaria is considering publishing a book with excerpts from Hitler's "Mein Kampf" for use in schools after its legal power to ban the book expires in 2016.

The Bavarian state finance ministry in southern Germany owns the copyright to the book, which sets out the Nazi vision of Aryan racial supremacy, and has long threatened legal action against anybody who tries to publish it.

But the copyright expires on December 31, 2015, forcing Bavaria, where Hitler first shot to national prominence with a failed coup attempt in 1923, to wrestle with how to handle the publication of a book that remains highly sensitive in Germany.

Sum' Sauce

My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2012, 01:30 PM
RE: Hitler's Mein Kampf may return to Bavarian schools
I am not saying that Hitler was a great guy, but I'm sure we could learn from him. Even if it is what to look for in maniacal dictators.

Wildcard is awesome.
Find all posts by this user
04-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Mein Kampf is a book i've always wanted to read but could never get my hands on a copy.

My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-26-2012, 02:06 PM
I read it in high school... not as part of high school, just when I was that age... you can get the text on Project Gutenberg (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0200601.txt)

If taught properly, and not used as a propaganda text but as a study of how a propaganda text (and the mind of a complete loon) works, I don't see a problem with it. I don't agree with banning books EVER. Unless it's The Da Vinci Code.

No fucking censorship. Ever.
04-26-2012, 03:23 PM
i don't have a problem with the book... i have a problem with the morons that are going to read it.

maybe they can add two new chapters entitled: 'how to avoid enraging the russians' and 'how to cope with being ass raped by enraged russians'

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
04-26-2012, 03:25 PM
I have read a lot of Mein Kampf, but its in German so I didn't get it all Tongue

Seriously I have a copy on my PC. I also have 'Cather in the Rye' and 'The Anarchist Cookbook'. All three are examples of people trying to hide someone's viewpoint just because they happened to be off the beaten track. And no, I don't mean to compare Salinger with Hitler and dope-heads . . .

Some people truly believe that information can corrupt people- sorry, but I just can't. People are people until they prove themselves to be otherwise. Adolf proved himself to be a monster, but he was obviously very good at what he did and we should learn from that. Much like studying a serial killer to learn how to catch other wackos, the mental health professionals have learned from Hitler in order to recognize all the multiple fuck-ups in his brain.

Wildcard is awesome.
04-26-2012, 03:26 PM
(04-26-2012 03:23 PM)stormium Wrote:  i don't have a problem with the book... i have a problem with the morons that are going to read it.

maybe they can add two new chapters entitled: 'how to avoid enraging the russians' and 'how to cope with being ass raped by enraged russians'

Well said Hats Off
04-26-2012, 03:27 PM
(04-26-2012 03:23 PM)stormium Wrote:  i don't have a problem with the book... i have a problem with the morons that are going to read it.

If Hitler had Internet access he would've been unstoppable Big Grin

Wildcard is awesome.
04-26-2012, 03:28 PM
(04-26-2012 03:25 PM)Mark Wrote:  I have read a lot of Mein Kampf, but its in German so I didn't get it all Tongue

Seriously I have a copy on my PC. I also have 'Cather in the Rye' and 'The Anarchist Cookbook'. All three are examples of people trying to hide someone's viewpoint just because they happened to be off the beaten track. And no, I don't mean to compare Salinger with Hitler and dope-heads . . .

Some people truly believe that information can corrupt people- sorry, but I just can't. People are people until they prove themselves to be otherwise. Adolf proved himself to be a monster, but he was obviously very good at what he did and we should learn from that. Much like studying a serial killer to learn how to catch other wackos, the mental health professionals have learned from Hitler in order to recognize all the multiple fuck-ups in his brain.

the only thing hitler did good was convince people to do stupid shit.

in the end, the entire world lost.

(p.s. the majority of psychopaths/serial killers had copies of the catcher in the rye found in their residences)

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
04-26-2012, 03:29 PM
(04-26-2012 03:27 PM)Mark Wrote:  

If Hitler had Internet access he would've been unstoppable Big Grin

reasoning or gtfo Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Christian groups sue to stop Kansas schools from adopting science LZA 24 5,493 07-07-2014 02:32 PM
Last Post: Hdidhd
  Hitler's Children 2010kaiser 10 3,033 05-24-2012 04:43 PM
Last Post: snilloc

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)