Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Help using Win Explorer to associate my editor with some file name extensions.
I used to be able to associate my favorite editor (Notetab Light) with all text files by opening Windows Explorer and selecting Tools -> Folder Options -> View

At least I think it was "View". But that was Windows XP. Now, in Windows 7, I cannot seem to find any way to do it except by opening a CMD window and using the Assoc and FType commands.

But I forget how to use those commands to associate files with no extension - e.g. File Name "Profit."

Can anyone tell me how to associate applications with file name extensions when using Windows Explorer?
You don't need to open cmd.

elaborate and i'll help you out.
My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
(07-05-2012, 06:32 PM)2010kaiser Wrote: You don't need to open cmd.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say, "elaborate".

What I meant when I said that I open a CMD window is, I click on the Start button and then on "All Programs" and then on a program called "CMD".

Are you familiar with CMD?

At one time it was called a CMD Processor Window and it had many of the old-style commands that DOS had.

It is very powerful and enables people to do things using a text-based interface that they cannot do using a graphics style interface like Windows Explorer.

Do you understand what I mean?

(07-05-2012, 06:37 PM)AliShibaz Wrote:
(07-05-2012, 06:32 PM)2010kaiser Wrote: You don't need to open cmd.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say, "elaborate".

What I meant when I said that I open a CMD window is, I click on the Start button and then on "All Programs" and then on a program called "CMD".

Are you familiar with CMD?

At one time it was called a CMD Processor Window and it had many of the old-style commands that DOS had.

It is very powerful and enables people to do things using a text-based interface that they cannot do using a graphics style interface like Windows Explorer.

Do you understand what I mean?

Speaking of "Old style" Windows, I used to be able to select a list of small apps by selecting something called "Accessories". It was one of the choices under "All Programs".

But although I continue to see it referred to by people using W7, I cannot find it on my PC. Do you know where it might have gone?

More importantly, do you know how I might be able to find it now?

Thank you.

I have to go out for an hour or so now. I will be back later tonight. Thank you for waiting until then.
I'm old but not that old.

cmd is not a program to start with as i'm sure you know. It's an incorporation of your Win O/S.

Now that you've shown me your dick. As i've said earlier. Elaborate on your problem and i'll help you.

Tell me how proficient you are and your obviously miles ahead of me Wink
My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Solved] Looking for help with SRT file names AliShibaz 6 5,704 06-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Last Post: AliShibaz
  Posting an embeded file? auen1 11 2,864 05-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Mark