Current time: 05-29-2017, 06:17 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
~Google refusing to search for torrents? oh WTF
05-22-2012, 06:01 AM
Question ~Google refusing to search for torrents? oh WTF
ok so PB didn't have them yet and I really wanna see Devils Ride Ax Men Rolleyes
So I search google and get this message

In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 1 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at ChillingEffects.org.

yeah I know it only removed 1 but hey that's a start to them removing more right?

[Image: 4d405762.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2012, 06:10 AM
RE: ~Google refusing to search for torrents? oh WTF
The lobbies are intent.

Wait a generation, for more modern, logical people to replace the dinosaurs, and we should be okay.

Besides that I just did a big poo.
05-22-2012, 11:29 AM
RE: ~Google refusing to search for torrents? oh WTF
what search string did you use?

this has been going on for years. in fact, even if you don't use the word 'torrent' in your search, you will still see the dmca notices all over the place.

its not that google won't search for them but that cataloged pages are censored due to google receiving a dmca notice.

dmca notices are complaints generated by copyright holders or on behalf of copyright holders that are sent to any communications company that infringes or aids in the infringing of a copyright.

these notices are usually generated by automated search programs that look for any website containing keywords that are likely to copyrighted material... although they usually don't because no one can verify all that information.

dmca notices are also used to shut people up. for example, if someone says something you don't like on a website... start sending out dmca notices and the page will be taken down since no one is going to check. this happens quite a bit. eventually the page's coder will find out and might say something... but by then, the damage is done. the people that sent out the dmca will just say that they made a mistake.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Google to acquire Nest for $3.2 billion in cash velvetfog 2 1,313 01-14-2014 03:55 PM
Last Post: velvetfog
  Google's Nexus 7 Is Faster, Thinner, But More Expensive velvetfog 0 724 07-25-2013 01:23 AM
Last Post: velvetfog
  The Demonoid Torrents Recovery Thread (read the first post) n0b0dyh0me 5 3,038 09-27-2012 02:20 AM
Last Post: n0b0dyh0me

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)