Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Google Drive to offer free storage in the cloud
Quote:Google has launched a new consumer service offering up to 16TB (terabytes) of storage for photos and other online content.

Dubbed Google Drive, the service goes head to head with rival cloud services such as Dropbox and Microsoft's SkyDrive.

It offers 5GB (gigabytes) of storage for free. People pay on a rising scale for more space.

Experts say that Google is "late" to the market.

16TB of space could hold more than 4,000 two-hour movies coded in 720p high-definition resolution.
Sum' Sauce
My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
awesome... Big Grin

i wonder what the privacy agreement will look like... Huh
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
(04-24-2012, 06:26 PM)stormium Wrote: awesome... Big Grin

i wonder what the privacy agreement will look like... Huh

You read my mind stormySmile
My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
That's just the pirate inside speaking Smile
Wildcard is awesome.
i did figure out a cool way to defeat those hash check systems... Big Grin
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
(04-24-2012, 06:16 PM)2010kaiser Wrote:
Quote:Google has launched a new consumer service offering up to 16TB (terabytes) of storage for photos and other online content.

Dubbed Google Drive, the service goes head to head with rival cloud services such as Dropbox and Microsoft's SkyDrive.

It offers 5GB (gigabytes) of storage for free. People pay on a rising scale for more space.

Experts say that Google is "late" to the market.

16TB of space could hold more than 4,000 two-hour movies coded in 720p high-definition resolution.
Sum' Sauce

gonna check that out actually
its not working yet, all you can do is request an activation notice.
yeah i know,i wonder will they hold torrent files lol and what download speed do they have,man that's just like a server and it's cheap enough too
Let me know what you find out KP. I could use some extra space.
Wildcard is awesome.
maybe they are trying to fill the 'mega upload' void...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tesla unveils the ‘D’, a dual-motor all-wheel-drive super car with auto-pilot radiobox 0 1,672 10-10-2014, 04:23 AM
Last Post: radiobox
  Helium-Filled 10TB Hard Drive Announced radiobox 9 4,239 09-30-2014, 10:58 PM
Last Post: radiobox
  Google to acquire Nest for $3.2 billion in cash velvetfog 2 1,504 01-14-2014, 03:55 PM
Last Post: velvetfog