Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Goalkeeper sent off for kicking a fan
World Football - Esteban red card for kicking pitch invader rescinded

AZ Alkmaar goalkeeper Esteban, sent off for kicking a fan who ran on to the pitch to confront him, has had his red card rescinded by the Dutch FA.

Alkmaar's Dutch Cup tie at Ajax was abandoned after 38 minutes on Wednesday after Alkmaar coach Gert Jan Verbeek ordered his players off the pitch following the incident.

"The keeper was attacked unexpectedly and therefore the prosecutor judged that his mood caused his response against his attacker," the KNVB said.

[Image: 41b47d35b3f206d257465c3812f4cb51.jpg]

SOURCE
Watched it earlier KARPACKIE. I say fair play to the goalkeeper. He was attacked. He defended himself until, in his opinion, the threat was neutralised.

CASE CLOSED IMO!! Smile

The red card was idiotic on the part of the Ref!! Smile
My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
What did they expect him to do? Run away? That's ludicrous. AngryAngryAngryAngry
Wildcard is awesome.
(12-22-2011, 07:34 PM)Mark Wrote: What did they expect him to do? Run away? That's ludicrous. AngryAngryAngryAngry

Well, that's what a footballer would normally do... or end up writhing on the ground in pretend agony after pretending to have been touched... especially goalkeepers, as in this:

It's poor quality and everyone knows Dida's a big pussy, but he's not on his Pat Malone there Smile
It looks like he got touched on the face and then tripped trying to pursue Huh
Wildcard is awesome.
He'd just let through the winning goal in a Champion's League game, so he was desperate -- he got a ban, but they don't always.
hang on a sec,remember eric cantona,the kung fu attack on that crystal palace fan,ur man was taunting cantona and he lashed out to the fan,Cantona got 3 months in jail and the fan got a ban,so where's the justice in that
the little dif was that cantona jumped into the stands to deliver his karate kick
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
Yeah . . . that would be a little different :p
Wildcard is awesome.
The jail didn't hurt Cantona's reputation too much though... he was always a bit of a bruiser, deemed "too violent" for French football and advised to move to England Hysterical

In the Crystal Palace game, he'd just been sent off for violent conduct before he let loose in the stands -- but he served less than two weeks in jail, and ended up with community service. I think he just likes to exaggerate the incident so it makes him look a tough guy -- France lacks those, after all :p

(I quite like Cantona, at least he was a character, and he was filling George Best's shirt so it was always going to be a big job)