• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Girlfriend in constant need of approval
    Hi guys,

I'm going to try to keep this as short and sweet as possible.

My relationship of almost 3 half years is under the strain of my girlfriends insecurities. Ever since we started out she's been curious of the women I was close to, she's asked questions and even on one occasion convinced me to refuse an invitation to a christening. These women are not ex girlfriends nor have I had any 'extra benefits'.

She uses medical/personal issues in order to grab extra attention, and tries to trigger jealousy by expressing the way other men have acted towards her.

Now my girlfriend isn't the devil despite the major flaw she's created in our relationship. She has a whole other side that obviously brought me to 3+ years in to our relationship but I'm fed up trying to prove she has nothing to feel insecure about.

She seems to think that these insecurities are built in and they'll never go away. My argument to that was they're not something you're born with and after 3 years of loyalty that she should give me a break.

I'm pretty much ready to fold on my relationship for this problem alone...
    sounds like a tipical"women thing"to me,next relationship will prob.be more of the same with some minor variations,so if you like the other sides of her you might as well stick it out....unless you're prepared to live the rest of your life on your own

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    I'm surprised you put up with it for 3 years to be honest. She's controlling your behaviour, your friends... this is pretty much a by-the-books abusive relationship. She might not be "doing it on purpose" but that doesn't change what she is doing. She can't control your life.

"Did you really think I was the demon? The Demon of Empire City?"
    (04-21-2016, 11:30 AM)ColeMacGrath Wrote:  She might not be "doing it on purpose" but that doesn't change what she is doing.

Exactly.

Also, I firmly believe that you should never stay in a relationship in which you cannot completely be yourself.
    Look just tell her what you don't like about her and that she need to work on it or else you will leave.

You dont need to put yourself in shit you cant stand even if you think like "yeah this will be better in a week or two" because it will not.

steven hawking
    (04-22-2016, 08:38 AM)Wildcard Wrote:  
    (04-21-2016, 11:30 AM)ColeMacGrath Wrote:  She might not be "doing it on purpose" but that doesn't change what she is doing.

Exactly.

Also, I firmly believe that you should never stay in a relationship in which you cannot completely be yourself.
    that's impossible,2 is not 1 if you catch my drift

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
    Last Post by LZA
    11-09-2015, 11:04 AM