Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting over someone
For the purpose of this thread, the person I will be talking about is called Sarah.

So basically, I had a crush on sarah for a while, and she really did grow on me, and I though she was giving me the right signals and stuff, and her friends were being very obvious that they thought she liked me too, but when I finally worked up the courage to tell her, she had a crush on someone else. I was really distraught for a weekend, but then I go the worst over with. Now, it's been nearly 6 months. We still talk briefly, but it's really just me making light hearted conversation, and recently I've stopped. She eventually asked her crush out, but he didn't like her either. Basically, I'm friendzoned, not that I mind, there's a lot worse ways to be rejected.

To cut to the chase, I know I really have to move on, but I seem stuck in the past. I just can't stop thinking about her. What should I do to forget and move on?
"Did you really think I was the demon? The Demon of Empire City?"
that's not the friend zone... that's like the 'some dude zone'.

the best way to forget and move on is to move on and hit the next piece of ass that catches your eye... helps if it's wiggling.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
amen to thatTongue
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
To move on from the past, you need to prepare for a future without Sarah. Do something you've never done before but have have often thought about doing, and try and make new friends outside your current social circle who don't know who she is. New friends will help you focus on the present, and new opportunities may arise and help change your perspective. Getting laid may help, but if you're still thinking about her, then you need to change your perception of her, yourself, and everything in between so you can let go and move onwards and forwards.
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
"Getting laid may help"
Thanks for the advice
On a serious note, thanks spud and spork
"Did you really think I was the demon? The Demon of Empire City?"
May I ask a question? What if Sarah starts showing signs that she likes you, would you accept her then?

If You would have asked me this question 25 years ago, I'd say hell no, I have too much respect for myself. But now a days, I don't really know. Hell, if you can get laif by her that that would me goal achieved. Instead of a direct route, you had to walk around the block to get there, but you are there, right?

Otherwise, I say time heals all wounds. Take this as a learning experience.
I'd fuck op. Nah... seriously.

Look for a piece of ass that wiggled at you... invite the owner to have coffee with you.

From there on... go with god.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
I want to say like Chandler; "Am not great at advice ..."

Only you would know what to do to get over her. You mention that 'her crush' didn't like her either. I wonder.
If you think she will be a good friend, that is a good place to start. You say you've stopped talking to her. Unless you have a good reason, I don't see why you should do that. Be cheerful and be yourself.

Remember Ted Mosby from 'How I met your mother'. You never know who 'the one' (*) will be. Keep searching :-)
(*) - or more than one if you are a Charlie Harper !

[If I knew you'd be asking I'd have payed more attention to Pooja Bedi's weekly columns. She does give out some crisp advice to people in such situations. However the advice would depend on the age of persons involved.]

PS: I only post this to cheer you up. Am no good when it comes to dealing with human problems. It is too complex.
Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
Just keep yourself as busy as possible until you meet someone new that you have a good gut feeling about. I tend to uncontrollably daydream about a person when I know it's bad for me, and I'll actively try to develop a crush on someone else for the sole purpose of getting over that other person. That never works, unfortunately. So until you find someone better for you, overwhelm yourself w activities. Build a birdhouse, join some sort of exercise facility, call up that friend you keep meaning to hang with but never actually get to, help an older relative with a cupboard or something. I realize this sounds pretty lame.