Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

General Lack Of
FUCKING REALLY ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME.

SOMETIMES, I GOTTA WONDER WHY THE FUCK WOULD SOME PEOPLE CALL THEMSELVES FRIENDS OF EACH OTHER IN SPITE OF THE FACT THAT ONLY THE SETTING IS WHAT'S KEEPING THEM TOGETHER.

YOU SEE, "FRIEND A" HAS A BIT OF A SHIT CARD DEALT : THE PARENTS WON'T LET THIS MOTHERFUCKER GROW UP; THE LITTLE SHIT CAN'T GO OUT WITH DRAGGING A COUSIN ALONG IN SPITE OF THE FACT THAT EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER NOWADAYS HAS A SMARTPHONE. IF SOMETHING BAD OR SERIOUS HAPPENS, IT'S MORE THAN LIKELY SOME SORT OF AUTHORITY WILL BE CALLED TO TAKE CARE OF THE SITUATION. BUT SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE FUCK CAN HAPPEN GOING OUT WITH THE MATES TO A RESTAURANT?

Oh, but a restaurant doesn't seem that bad, does it?

Sure, if only the parents didn't disallow :
  • School dances
  • Networking and Socials
  • Driving
  • Working
  • Cooking! (Yes; this motherfucker isn't even allowed in the fucking kitchen even as an ADULT!)

Not to mention that this little shit's social media account is constantly being monitored by the aforementioned! THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HIDE, BUT OH COME THE FUCK ON. THE LITTLE SHIT'S ALMOST AN ADULT, AND IT WOULD PROBABLY DO THE WORLD A FAVOR TO HAVE ONE MORE INDEPENDENT ADULT, ESPECIALLY WHEN THESE TWO PARENTS WAKE UP AT 3 IN THE MORNING TO DO THEIR OWN WORK.

THAT'S NOT HEALTHY PARENTING; THAT'S ALL KINDS OF STRESS-RELATED HEALTH ISSUES WAITING TO HAPPEN.

Think that was bad?

"Friend B" is one of those fucking tumblrite-warrior shits who always manages to be somewhat decent at pretty much anything they do, but MY GOD this motherfucker cannot for THEIR FUCKING LIFE decide to make something out of what they want to do.

Deviantart account? Check.

Writes their own fanfiction and short-stories about breaking societal norms? Check.

Almost SOLELY fills their FB feed with social justice vids and articles? PUT A CRUCIFIX ON IT.

Disclaimer : Not saying that any of these individually are bad, because at heart it's all for the betterment of diversity, creativity, and other qualities that (inb4 the edgy naysayers deem that science is the only measuring stick with which civilizations' dicks can be measured -- take your circle-jerking to Reddit) define humanity at large...

BUT I'LL HAVE TO DIGRESS IN THIS CASE SINCE "Friend B" BASICALLY TOOK IT OFF THE DEEP END AND STARTED THIS SOUL-SEARCHING SHIT AND CAME OUT A DOZEN TIMES DUMBER THAN BEFORE.

(A) is having identity issues because (A) isn't becoming independent like other people (A)'s age. I help suggest other majors, other careers, other ways to get started on the path to adulthood. I invite (A) to eat out at KBBQ where at least (A) can get at least some cooking experience flipping raw meat on a pan; admittedly, that's pretty shitty but it's not like I can come over to (A)'s house because of THOSE FUCKING PARENTS. It's extra weight, but it's not like the parents are gonna do anything anytime soon.

(B) has been breaking contact with everyone after getting rejected, and has also developed insecurities along the way questioning their own person. I help (B) further their hobbies and passions into possible career choices, namely in art and writing...

...ONLY TO SEE (B) FALL INTO THE PIT-HOLE THAT IS TUMBLR. AND HOOOOOO SHIT THAT'S WHERE IT ALL GOES DOWN :

GAY FANFICTIONS
LESBIAN FANFICTIONS
SPECTRUM OF GENDER FANFICTIONS
^All of which aren't so bad IF THEY WEREN'T THE ONLY FOCUS OF THE WHOLE FUCKING PLOT.
THEN COMES THE WHOLE RACIAL PHASE
MIDDLE-EASTERN GENDERQUEERS (Someone explain this; I'm only updated with the LGBT acronym).
HALF-BLACK-HALF-ARABIC TRANSGENDERS

And of course, I'm okay with the whole "humanizing the outcasts" theme, but...that's the ONLY THING THEY EVER TALK ABOUT.

Every discussion about everything else? ALL FORGOTTEN -- no discussion about human vices, no discussion about what it means to be human, no discussion about society and its effects (UNLESS it's in the context that it's bad that society stifles Arabs / Gays / what-have-you's). Then (B) burns out because (B) has too narrow of a topic that resonates with the same audience. I suggest changing the scope a bit, (B) rejects the idea, and the writing stagnates. Go figure.

Well...how about art?

Relatively realistic pictures with a distinct sense of style can be done with the short and fun little cartoons, so there's an opportunity to make a cult following with a bit of work. Besides, (B) already has a digital drawing tablet and is reasonably good at using most conventional mediums.

WRONG. Burned out again because ALL (B) wants to do is stick with the little cartoons and sketches, and even then doesn't want to do anything besides drawing the same damn things OVER and OVER again. But no, it's not a comic or anything of the like; it's just little sketches tucked neatly away in a notebook to be shown to NOBODY BUT THEMSELVES.

Fuck it...how about poetry? You can't ever go wrong nowadays with smash poetry and free-verse considered as valid, right?

WRONG. (B) INSTEAD GETS HOOKED UP INTO THE WHOLE IDEA OF BEING A LOFTY POET, BUT CAN NEVER FOR THE LIFE OF THEMSELVES EVER WRITE A POEM SIMPLY BECAUSE (B) DOESN'T CARE TO EXPAND ANY OF THEIR ENGLISH SKILLS FOR THE SAKE OF SIMPLY BEING WITTY OR RHYMING.

Well, I tried. I have my own shit to do, so I go my own way for a bit. (B) still pursues the stuff as a hobby, but I don't think much of it other than a hobby. They'd probably get off of it and find something else that would be much more fitting in terms of pursuing a career or a passion, right?

A couple of months later, (B) has fallen so far down the rabbit hole that now even regular norms, like relationships between friends, is become the subject of debate. (A) needs a support, and here I am still doing the same as usual and making progress step by step, and (B) is...nowhere to be seen? I thought (A) and (B) were still close friends, and so I ask, and next thing I know...

...basically (B) just doesn't hang out with anyone anymore. In fact, (B) thinks they're not obligated to do anything that friends don't even second-guess at. Spend time and have a chat with the mates? Not obligated. Help with some personal matters in a mature fashion? Not obligated. Help with the usual academics? Certainly not that either. And they continue to reinforce this complete APATHETIC NONSENSE by saying that they've become introverted.

EVEN INTROVERTS HAVE SOME DEGREE OF POLITENESS AND HONESTY ABOUT THEIR BEHAVIOR. BESIDES, WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH NOT HAVING THE DECENCY TO HELP RETURN A FAVOR OR FOUR?

And yet...(A) and (B) are apparently friends still...HOW? How the fuck does sitting in the living room wrapped up with a soft down blanket sipping on hot chocolate or (heaven forbid) chrysanthemum or chamomile tea being a friend if you want to do NOTHING with others, much less FOR others? That's not introversion; that's just substituting very real, very tangible friends having very serious problems for equally lazy assholes that just happen to have the same viewpoints as yours.

Even JK Rowling went out into the real world to face some very real issues of her own before becoming a fantasy writer. Crawling into a little digital safe-space isn't going to do shit for yourself, and certainly MUCH less for the people who will only remember you as somebody who never gave a fuck about the real world.
sounds like you're portraying (A) as a friend but in all likelihood its possibly you. as for (B), break up. I don't see anyone make that kind of commitment to help anyone thats just a "friend". My advice? grow the fuck up, move the fuck out, get a fucking job and a life that doesn't include (B), because god knows from what you say, they'll never amount to anything.
i flyeth all day while thee caterwauling all day, as i the horror on all thy desires and dreams.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A general college rant RantManScatMan 0 292 04-13-2017, 09:47 AM
Last Post: RantManScatMan
  An Upsetting Lack Of Connection Basically Homeless 3 1,575 08-17-2015, 03:43 PM
Last Post: LZA