Current time: 08-22-2017, 03:42 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gender Equality
05-01-2017, 01:38 AM
Gender Equality
Again watching the news. I am really getting over the PC this great country of Australia is constantly pursuing. I just heard that a new idea of awarding government contracts should come down to gender equality. Not enough women on the payroll and your out. So would that mean people best suited to the heavy labour positions, mostly "men" should miss out on employment? I can understand, but how will most women go on a 40kg jack hammer, or lifting big chain blocks, shoveling rock, moving gas bottles and 50kg/ 100 ton jacks, all day without injury or complaints? Where I work we do have just a small handful of robust women that can do it and do it well, but where are we going to find the other 50??? I don't think modern management select people on sex but qualification/suitability to the task. I guess we just have to throw all that away now, discriminate against men and put random women in dangerous situations with the real possibility of long term harm. Is this just getting more backwards?? We get very few female applicants for this engineering line of work, so are we to just handout jobs to non male people on the street?? And side line quality applicants?? I never want to make the phone call to an unsuccessful applicant to inform him he didn't get the job because he's male and we need 50% equality to win the contract. Metro dwelling out of touch latte sipping feel good people run this country now. Team America explained the 3 different people well!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2017, 01:19 AM
RE: Gender Equality
* sporkium imagines women operating jack hammers.
:fap:

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)