Current time: 09-19-2017, 10:54 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gardens
07-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Gardens
Are there any gardeners among us? If so, I have a question: My might-as-well-be-mother-in-law gave me a sweet potato vine. I asked her if it would produce sweet potatoes, and she said no, that it would just be a pretty vine. She usually knows her stuff about food and plants and such, but it just didn't make sense to me why it shouldn't make potatoes. Huh Has anyone ever grown one of these? What were the results? This will determine where I decide to plant this thing. If it'll make potatoes (Which I want it to), I'll plant it by my tomato plants. If not, then I'll put it somewhere it can be seen and admired.

"Let the music be your master. Will you heed the master's call?"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2013, 01:15 PM
RE: Gardens
Smile Thanks, but that dude had a bunch of sweet potatoes to plant. Mine is just a vine- a purple vine. I googled some things, and so far it seems to me that this is just going to be a chance. It might produce potatoes, or it might just be an ornamental vine. Either way, it'll be fun to find out! Smile

"Let the music be your master. Will you heed the master's call?"
Find all posts by this user
07-10-2013, 01:45 PM
RE: Gardens
It could possibly produce potatoes but they aren't generally fully developed nor very good as compared to their full-sized version. Read this: http://www.bhg.com/advice/gardening/annu...ontainers/

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)