Current time: 06-24-2017, 10:29 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIGGLES.
05-21-2014, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 10:26 AM by radiobox.)
GIGGLES.
Does anyone remember a mailing list or something from the 90s that went by the name GIGGLES. One received an email a day, full of jokes. There were many similar groups from that mail server (listserv something). One other i remember was word and number puzzles. Another was quotes.

I can't get anything on google.

You know of anything similar in present times. Pl. share.
(AWAD is still running!!)

I hope this topic can be considered 'Entertainment'
Thank you.

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2014, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 05:57 PM by velvetfog.)
RE: GIGGLES.
Take a look here.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-22-2014, 12:37 AM
Thank VF. The first one (AJokeaDay) says since 1995. Perhaps it is GIGGLES renamed. But it was lot fun back then. It was like a little magazine everyday, full of jokes, anecdotes etc. I know some mailing lists I was a part of have totally gone. Thanks again. :-)

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
05-22-2014, 12:18 PM
I had a calendar on my workdesk that you'd tear the page each day for the date, and it would have a new anecdote, joke, thought, etc.

Here's one I've referenced before:
http://homeinsteaders.org/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)