• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fucking Windows Updates

Alright, so it seems that Microsoft fucking hates anyone trying to use their shit to make art, even more so than their general user base of minimum wage workers and Facebook moms. Tablet drivers randomly stop working, from my experience, using digitizer pens on Win. 8 touch screens is a fucking nightmare because the cursor gets off center if the pen's anywhere near the edges, and art programs that are slightly more sophisticated than MS Paint require like twice as much RAM to use with other programs in the background.

Every time I reset my Windows 8 tablet, I have to wait for the piece of shit to update, literally every fucking time, when automatic updates are enabled. I'm aware I can reenable it, but this tablet's kind of shitty and sometimes refuses to boot up, so I gotta refresh the thing to its defaults and somehow that causes me to lose my Wacom Bamboo driver, even though it says that it WILL NOT UNINSTALL ANYTHING.

Today I had to reinstall my tablet driver because fuck me, and even after resetting it, as the installation wizard prompts me to, I had to reset it again, because, again, fuck me, and I was redirected to the oh so lovely WINDOWS UPDATE SCREEN! Only this time, the shit was stuck on 100% for an hour, so I had to go to the fucking start up menu and "Refresh my PC" which is at 88% after half an hour, fucking fantastic. I just want to get commissions done on the go, man. Why the hell is auto-updating a default feature when it's so unstable? I'm so utterly pissed that I've gotten stomach pains from this bullshit. Fuck you, Billy.
    disable auto updates, or by a different tablet....
    (09-16-2015, 10:48 AM)HTorr3ntz Wrote:  disable auto updates, or by a different tablet....

Windows makes tablets?
    (11-27-2018, 09:25 AM)politux Wrote:  
    (09-16-2015, 10:48 AM)HTorr3ntz Wrote:  disable auto updates, or by a different tablet....

Windows makes tablets?

any idea how old this thread is? the OP isn't even active anymore so the discussion is closed for me.
    That's the point of a necrobump. I wasn't seriously asking.
    Heh, I thought his post was Sept of this year... I gave him positive reps because I agree windows can be a PITA (except windows 8.1).

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
    Last Post by politux
    12-10-2018, 12:53 PM
    Last Post by TyderBide
    05-23-2016, 01:05 PM
    Last Post by RobertX
    05-05-2013, 07:51 PM