Current time: 06-25-2017, 12:28 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Five Questions About Zombies
03-30-2013, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 06:12 AM by AliShibaz.)
Five Questions About Zombies
1) Why would you ever need more than one zombie movie? Aren't they all basically the same?

2) Have you ever seen a good zombie movie besides Zombieland (2009) and Dawn of the Dead (2004)? Those are the only two zombie movies I have seen that seemed pretty good to me. Of course, I haven't seen hardly any others. Maybe only two others (Night of the Living Dead (1968) & Shaun of the Dead (2004).

3) Zombies seem to need to feed on live humans. Why can't they feed on other zombies or on animals?

4) If a zombie can't feed, how long before it dies? Or what do you call it when it dies if it was already dead before it died again?

5) Aren't the rules of Zombies always the same? I don't know them offhand but they go somehing like this:

A) If a zombie bites you, then you become infected and then you die and become a zombie.
B) If you are infected and you die, then two minutes later, you are re-animated as a zombie (unless died because your brain got smashed).
C) Zombies need to attack living humans to feed. For some reason, they can't seem to feed on other zombies or animals or anything else.
D) To kill a zombie, you need to shoot it in the head or stab it through the brain. Basically, you need to smash its brain somehow.

I started watching Dawn of the Dead (2004) today. I didn't think it would be any good because as soon as I started watching it, I saw two Canadian actors (Sarah Polley and Jayne Eastwood) and so I assumed it was yet another lame Canadian production. But, apparently, it was not.

It was kind of accidental. I was just flipping through some movies and I landed on an early scene from that movie and it was kind of interesting. So I continued to watch and it just kept getting better and better. IMDB gave it 7.4

I was really surprised because previously, I would never watch any zombie movies cuz I considered them all to be highly repetitive and stupid. The only exception was Zombieland (2009) with Woody Harrelson which was kind of excellent. IMDB gave it 7.7.

I once saw Shaun of the Dead (2004) - a British zombie movie. Lots of people thought it was excellent. But I didn't understand much of it and it had the same basic plot of all zombie movies - which is:

1) A small group of people discover they are one of a small number of normal people left alive and everyone else are zombies

2) Slowly but surely, zombies kill most of them as they learn ways to kill zombies

3) In the end, a small number of them remain alive and all the zombies are dead or will soon starve to death

Why do we need so many freaking zombie movies if they are all basically the same? I just don't understand.

Here is a list of the best ever 100 zombie movies. 100 sure does seem like way too many to me.

http://www.imdb.com/list/etPT_CU0Y_k/
Find all posts by this user + Spud17
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2013, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 12:41 AM by System Folder.)
RE: Five Questions About Zombies
1. They are similar, but not quite the same. Think of it as like toothpaste; they all do the same job, but everyone has their favorite. It's less about the zombies and more about the dynamics within the group. Think of The Walking Dead as Lost with more brutal killing.

2. Night of the Living Dead is the original and the best, in my opinion. You can watch it below. I am completely addicted to The Walking Dead, just like I was with Lost.

3. Other zombies are dead so they can't feed on each other, but they can feed on animals.

4. It takes a while. It becomes a dead body or corpse.

5. Those are the basic rules. Various zombie movies and shows may expand upon these rules or ignore them entirely.

As promised, here is George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead in it's entirety. It's one of the few movies that's not under copyright.

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
03-30-2013, 02:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 06:14 AM by AliShibaz.)
Dawn Of The Dead (2004)
Dawn Of The Dead (2004)

I started a separate thread in the Movies forum to review this movie and so, I'm removing the remainder of this post.
05-27-2015, 01:31 PM
I'm a big fan of the walking dead, the tv show, better than any movie by far.
99% of the movies are shit.
I like Dawn of the Dead 1978.
05-27-2015, 10:37 PM
Shawn of the dead is my favorite

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
05-30-2015, 02:58 AM
If you didn't get Shaun of the Dead, you're not english.
That's how they should do citizenship tests- ask them questions about monty python and other british classics.

"Did you really think I was the demon? The Demon of Empire City?"
05-30-2015, 06:37 AM
o.k. in english it's Shaun,I thought he was Irish

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)