Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Films That Made You Cry
(05-02-2013, 05:11 PM)Arachne Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 03:45 PM)kath3 Wrote: Arachne Smile
You need to give ...
Steel Magnolias (1989)

Message In A Bottle (1999)

and

The Notebook (2004)

a go ... these all are in my Top 10 list
Hope you enjoy them!
I'm glad you enjoyed "Fried Green Tomatoes"
You gave an excellent review on SB Big Grin

I will give them a look. In all honesty, the review came from IMDb, but the movie was excellent!

You would probably like...

Mr. Nobody 2009
Safety Not Guaranteed 2012
The Man From Earth 2007
Waking Life 2001

As I said, I am a cry baby.

I just picked up Safey Not Guaranteed Tongue and your Beaches Wink last night.
Will give them a go as soon as I can.
Right Now I'm very much stuck on Game of Thrones (2011)
It's t.v series, brilliantly executed, fabulous acting and an amazing story-line.
I highly, highly recommend it for you. Yay
You Give To The World When You Give Your Best To Somebody Else Hug
I choose not to have TV reception. Let's see...what other movie made me cry...V For Vendetta 2005

And, believe it or not, 300 2006

I got everything from your list save for Steel Magnolias. It is not on TPB, but I can look elsewhere. If I don't get to watch the movies tomorrow, I won't see them for a week as I will be away. Upon my return I can watch what has yet to be watched. Thanks again for your list.
[Image: RC63_zps7d70adfb.jpg]
Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought. -Graham Greene
I also choose not to have t.v reception. I hate commercials with a passion, that and the cost out weighs itself.
I have a good friend who lives part time here in the country and part time in the city of Calgary. He's always coming back with surprises for me, one being the Game of Thrones. I can't recommend it enough, especially now, and getting to know your personality. I know you would thoroughly enjoy it. Smile

Here is "Steel Magnolias" for ya ... from TPB Big Grin
This is my favorite qoute from the movie ... "There's some pretty twisted tickets out there" by Tuvey ( Dolly Parton, her role is sweet)

Pay It Forward (2000) is another teary one.
You Give To The World When You Give Your Best To Somebody Else Hug
(05-03-2013, 01:01 AM)kath3 Wrote: I also choose not to have t.v reception. I hate commercials with a passion, that and the cost out weighs itself.
I have a good friend who lives part time here in the country and part time in the city of Calgary. He's always coming back with surprises for me, one being the Game of Thrones. I can't recommend it enough, especially now, and getting to know your personality. I know you would thoroughly enjoy it. Smile

Here is "Steel Magnolias" for ya ... from TPB Big Grin
This is my favorite qoute from the movie ... "There's some pretty twisted tickets out there" by Tuvey ( Dolly Parton, her role is sweet)

Pay It Forward (2000) is another teary one.

In a lot of ways, we are two of a kind. It is not only the commercials that I hate, I also hate having to pay for cable so I refuse. Who needs it anyway!

My bad...I got Steel Magnolias. It was Message in a Bottle that I could not find. Your friend brought you some DVDs?

I won't download Game of Thrones tonight as it is getting late and I'm lazy, however, it will be on my to-do list. Thanks for thinking of me @kath3 You are too awesome! Heart

If I think of anymore tearjerkers, I be sure to put them out here. Smile
[Image: RC63_zps7d70adfb.jpg]
Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought. -Graham Greene
No movie has ever made me cry, but I did become unsettled the first time I watched the 2007 movie, A Mighty Heart. ( IMDb. ) It's the only film Angelina Jolie bothered to give acting a go in, and as Mariane Pearl, she was fantastic. I followed the Daniel Pearl kidnapping, and was repulsed by what happened. When the movie came out, although I knew what to expect, I was shocked and upset by certain scenes, and of the hell Mariane Pearl went through. Her strength bought a tear to my eyes.

[tpb]http://tpb.ipredator.se/torrent/3889590/A_Mighty_Heart%5B2007%5BDvDrip%5BEng%5D-aXXo[/tpb]
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
For me is Il vangelo secondo Matteo
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058715/?ref_=nv_sr_1
The ending of Artificial Intelligence, probably one of the saddest endings to a film ever.
Definitely Grave of the Fireflies. That's one box of tissues right there.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095327/
The mad Wolf rages on.
[Image: wolf_sketch_persona___header_by_christohpera.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Films You've Watched Recently Mark 764 200,551 11-14-2017, 12:24 PM
Last Post: radiobox
  Short Films. radiobox 3 3,837 10-10-2016, 02:29 AM
Last Post: radiobox
  Best action scenes in films ColeMacGrath 10 4,482 03-26-2016, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Spud17