• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ExtraTorrent seems unavailable
    I used to find a lot of media at Extratorrent.cc But now when I try to access that site, for the past 24 hours, I get a message saying it can't find that address. I've been using that site for years. Here are two links to sites that attempt to explain this:

Extratorrent Down due to Connectivity Issues
    https://torrentfreak.com/extratorrent-down-140202
    Is it down right now?
    http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/extratorrent.com.html
    It strikes me as very odd that someone could create a site and put it up in so little time. If you look at these sites, it seems like a lot of work went into their creation. I just can't imagine how that could have been done so fast.

But I just checked and it's still unavailable. This is getting to be very sad. The two best sites are now both unavailable. I sure do hope they will be coming back soon.
    (This post was last modified: 01-12-2015, 03:26 AM by AliShibaz.)
    The uk government, being a useless set of bastards, have censored the .cc site for me, but I can access the .com domain just fine.

If you can't access this link, or you find other torrent sites are blocked, you should consider getting yourself PirateSnoop:

https://piratesnoop.com/
    It is working for me now.
    However, it wasn't accessible for me too, about 30 mins back.

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
    Oh, Spud. You are my hero. (or maybe heroine?)

That link you suggested works great for me!

Radiobox! You must be a magic man because it now works for me too.

You people will think I'm a nut. But I swear that I had tried to access this site for more than 24 hours with no luck.

Can you believe anyone would create two web sites devoted to discuss this place was not available?

Thanks very much to both of you.

P.S. Spud, I have been getting great results with katph.eu and Demonoid. Thanks ever so much for recommending them.
    (This post was last modified: 01-12-2015, 05:12 AM by AliShibaz.)
    Spud taught me some magic, but I improvise :-p

torrentfreak and isitdownrightnow are well known generic sites, that have been around for long.

torrentfreak, gets you torrent and internet related news. We used to have a 'Ernesto' on SB forums (remember ?)

isitdownrightnow can be used to check the UP/DOWN status of any website.

If you check the blue coloured graph on that site now for extratorrent.cc, it shows it was unavailable for about 12 hours. One of the comments also states the cause (DDOS attack).
    Anyway, all is well now.

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
    Very interesting.

I learned something new today.

Thank you again, Radiobox.