Current time: 08-21-2017, 01:18 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exercise turned to Accident
07-27-2013, 10:00 AM
Exercise turned to Accident
In the past when i was younger i never wanted to exercise and was overweight most of my teenage years. well then i got worried about my health, lost a lot of weight, but still became a diabetic. its runs on both sides of my family plus heart disease. so my doctor said that walking would help both. the last few years i walk a mile everyday. well when i got cancer i stopped walking for a long time. then this year after remaining cancer free for a year i was cleared to go back to walking which was great bc i gained nearly 25 lbs back. OMG i nearly died when i weighed myself a few days ago.

So for the past 2 weeks I've been walking again and I've lost 9 lbs. Friday i took my dog with me. when we walked back in my yard my dog seen my cat on the porch, took off chasing the cat, tripped me, and i was walking fast. i fell on my left side and hit my sidewalk so hard it knocked the breath out of me. by Sunday i could barely breathe and had severe chest pains. went to the ER and they did xrays and i had 5 ribs Out of Place!!!!! So painful!! They pushed 2 back in. i still have 3 out.

i feel like a crash dummy lately.

do you guys ever set out to do things that end up being a disaster or accident? Please tell me you all have done exercises that went wrong??!! Lol.

RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2013, 10:09 AM
RE: Exercise turned to Accident
Concentrated exercise often gets people hurt. So I avoid it.
My saving grace is that I like to walk. I do a lot of walking.
Typically I go on three long walks every day.
Mostly I walk around the neighbourhood and the nearby parks.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-27-2013, 10:13 AM
(07-27-2013 10:00 AM)Bunny Wrote:  went to the ER and they did xrays and i had 5 ribs Out of Place!!!!! So painful!! They pushed 2 back in. i still have 3 out.

What does that mean Bunny?

I have had broken ribs and cracked ribs but not herd of ribs out of place?
Find all posts by this user
07-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Its like if your shoulder is dislocated and they pop it back in place. basically my ribs are not lined up correctly after falling. so the doctor put pressure on 2 of them with his hand and they moved back into line with the rest of my ribs. i felt instant relief from those 2. but the remaining 3 are causing pain in my side, left breast, chest, and shoulder. so now i can hardly pick up anything on that side. and my exercise is limited bc there is a slight build up of fluid on my chest where i ripped my muscles so when i walk or jog i get to breathing too deep and it's very painful.

07-27-2013, 02:02 PM
My brother once have himself a concussion trying to use some crazy workout bar with springs attached to it that he had found at a thrift store. There were no instructions so he had just trying standing on the bar and pulling on the springs-- the wooden handle (which was suspiciously similar to a broom handle with two holes drilled in it) slipped from beneath his feet, bounce off the low ceiling, one end of the handle bashed him directly in the top of the head.

Till this day he suffers migraine headaches on occasion because of that unwise choice.

07-28-2013, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2013 11:33 AM by LZA.)
I have 20+ years of exercising accidents/foolishness. I won't bore you with all of them, but I'll tell you a few of my favorites.

I was doing stiff legged deadlifts (for your lower back mainly) with quite a bit of weight. My friend was on the side of me talking, and he said something funny and made me turn & look at him mid rep. I severely pulled my lower back on the right side. This was about 15 years ago, and no matter how much I stretch, or work around it, the pain still comes back to me this day! Never forget that pain. I couldn't flip side to side in the bed for 3 days...

When I first started out, no one taught me about overtraining and the hazards. My shoulder routine consisted of every single exercise I can think of. I believe that's how I screwed up my rotator cuffs. The doc said I needed surgery on both shoulders but I never had it done. I can still lift heavy, now that I know what I'm doing and keep good form.

I was leg pressing heavy one morning and accidentally farted...One of the older members came in and asked "did somebody step on a duck??"

I dropped a 25 pound weight on the tip of my foot...Hurt to walk for a few days.

I was fucking around on a treadmill goofing with one of my friends, and as I was running, I tried to spin around walk backwards, then return...I'm sure you can imagine the result of that...

I hadn't been lifting for a few years about 5 years ago when I decided to go back. Before I hit the gym, I would exercise at home. One night (this was winter & it was really cold) I decided to try to hang off the 3rd floor landing ( I was on the second floor steps & jumped up, to see if I can still do pull ups...I got to 5 when my fingers slipped. I felt myself falling, and I didn't want to fall on the steps, so I gave myself a heave forward so I can land of the 2nd floor landing. I did...Right on a snow shovel. My foot is still deformed to this day (I'm sure I broke it)...

So ya, I'm surprised I'm still alive...

Now my cardio exists of running from dogs, I can outrun them because they only have 3 legs. Climbing exercises (mainly, to the roof of my trailer). Hoisting engine blocks to tie to trees in my front yard. I consider it all like par-core (spelled wrong, too lazy to Google).

I volunteer at a soup kitchen. There's the big table with all the food... As the people are lining up for the meal, I turn the table over & scream...That's good for the arms and upper body since It's pretty heavy, and the scream gives the lungs a workout.

They say boxing is excellent for overall conditioning!!!! For that I stop at the local orphanage. These kids have a lot of energy, and some of those bastards (most of them are literally bastards too!! LOLZ) are quick but there has not one yet that can match my overall power.

Also, taking up a sport is not only healthy, but a lot of fun... I prefer baseball. I have trouble throwing for accuracy, so to practice, I'll buy 3 dozen eggs, and visit the local nursing home. They are usually outside on a nice day, so I use them for target practice.

So I keep myself pretty busy.
07-28-2013, 05:00 PM
Using a bicycle to get around instead of driving everywhere, is a good way to exercise.

- Robert A. Heinlein
07-28-2013, 07:44 PM
I once wiped out going fast on my bike down a hill. I had sit outside while my dad argued with a guy to get him to take us to the hospital. This was before 911. It's still a bit fuzzy; partly because it was more than 20 years ago, but mostly because I had a concussion. I still have a slight burn mark on top of my left wrist from it.

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
07-28-2013, 08:45 PM
I too wiped out on a bike once.
I was cycling on a gravel pedestrian path by the river bank when my front wheel got pushed off to the side by a tree root sticking up above the gravel.
I wiped out among the trees. The front wheel on my bike got ruined.

- Robert A. Heinlein
07-28-2013, 11:45 PM
I once was jump roping and it was the kind that had like red blue and white plastic things over the rope, well it slipped from my hands caught a guy in the face and busted his lip.

I was also playing baseball one time and wacked a guy in the nuts with a low ball towards the pitcher's mound. lol. dude He hit the deck. it's funny now but not then. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Does coffee interfere with exercise performance? mattiebrown777 1 788 01-09-2017 12:30 PM
Last Post: alexbfr

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)