Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont Forget to Floss!
aha,23 explains a lot,no I didn't say that ,forget it
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
(05-22-2014, 01:33 AM)sporkium Wrote: read this: real scientific reasons why fluoride is important to human beings and other living things. real scientific reasons why fluoride is important to human beings and other living things.

It appears that you didn't read one of my previous posts, so I'll repeat it.

(05-22-2014, 12:39 AM)velvetfog Wrote: The issue isn't whether fluoride is beneficial.
The issue is that society does not have the moral right to force people who don't want fluoride in their drinking water to ingest it.

Outside of the English speaking world, in particular America, there are practically no one on this planet who thinks that adding fluoride to the drinking water, thereby forcing everyone to consume it, whether they want it or not, is a good idea.

I suspect your extremist pro-fluoridation attitude is something you have developed as a result of being indoctrinated by an inferior American public school system.
Had you grown up elsewhere, your attitude on this subject would likely be entirely different.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
This brings me back to when I asked my friend who is also a pharmacist who said "I'll take the trade off of a couple extra cavities to the unknown affects of ingesting all the fluoride". which is correct because you don't know. He also said (I may be redundant): I won't give my kids supplemental fluoride and I am glad that we have well water and not fluoridated city water. If you believe in God , if fluoride was supposed to be in our water God would have put it there. If you believe in evolution, our bodies definitely did not evolve based on fluoride being in the water. That's something our governments have decided to do in the last century.

But when I asked my dentist and he said people who grew up with city water had better teeth than those patients who had a well supply. He said people with well water and had no other ingredients, would come in and their teeth would be in much worse shape than the city water people...

So it looks like you're both right.... the happy medium is where we need to get to.
(05-22-2014, 01:37 PM)velvetfog Wrote: Outside of the English speaking world, in particular America, there are practically no one on this planet who thinks that adding fluoride to the drinking water, thereby forcing everyone to consume it, whether they want it or not, is a good idea.

I suspect your extremist pro-fluoridation attitude is something you have developed as a result of being indoctrinated by an inferior American public school system.
Had you grown up elsewhere, your attitude on this subject would likely be entirely different.

ah, like clockwork... you start your bigot-fueled anti-american rant just to support a losing argument that has no basis in scientific fact.

you obviously have not read the link. had you read it, you would have realized that outside the united states, most people drink water that has not had the fluoride removed. fluoride is a natural chemical found in all water on the planet.

you should educate yourself before you make baseless claims that have can not be backed up by scientific study. i suppose next thing you are going to say is that by eliminating fluoride from your diet in conjunction with a tin foil hat will prevent the aliens from reading your mind.

the elected leaders of canada has seen scientific proof and has agreed that fluoride is beneficial to it's population which is why they want to add fluoride to it's water. if not for the ignorant population of canada, they could now be leading better lives with a reduced risk of tooth decay.

your previous posts regarding moral authority have also been debunked as you contradicted yourself. it is well known on this forum that you think all firearms should be banned from the planet despite a person's right to own firearms. but then you have the audacity to claim that person has a right to choose what is in their water? please...

you simply want others to agree with you and will use any underhanded tactic you can which includes anti-american bigotry, fear and disinformation.

as for everyone else: make an educated decision that is not based on myth and lies. the scientific proof is out there if you choose to take advantage of it.

(05-22-2014, 02:50 PM)LZA Wrote: This brings me back to when I asked my friend who is also a pharmacist who said "I'll take the trade off of a couple extra cavities to the unknown affects of ingesting all the fluoride".

your friend the pharmacist should do a little research. the effects are known:

natural levels mean healthier teeth
take an incredible amount and die.

the sad truth is this: the people who suffer the most from non-fluoridated water are people in the lower income demographics who can't afford to get bottled water. fluoridation is in the best interest of all people.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
(05-22-2014, 03:55 PM)sporkium Wrote: the sad truth is this: the people who suffer the most from non-fluoridated water are people in the lower income demographics who can't afford to get bottled water.

Bottled water typically contains none or very low levels of fluoride.
The primary customer base for bottled water are the people who do not wish to drink the inferior local tap water.
Bottled water that contains fluoride is specifically labeled to indicate that.

(05-22-2014, 03:55 PM)sporkium Wrote: fluoridation is in the best interest of all people.

No, it is not.
I have no objection to you wishing to ingest fluoridated water on a regular basis.
But I do object to you wanting to force your neighbours to do so against their will.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
(05-22-2014, 05:47 PM)velvetfog Wrote: [quote='sporkium' pid='106100' dateline='1400792111']
the sad truth is this: the people who suffer the most from non-fluoridated water are people in the lower income demographics who can't afford to get bottled water.
ah,the marie antoinette parable
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
I think it would be easier to "swallow" if the dumping of the Flouride in the water was measured better. You know what I mean? Let's say if you can give people a (parts per million) percentage of Fluoride they can make better choices since there is an actual number they can apply to, and determine if that's healthy or not.

I know how hard it would be to try to do that, But if they can determine how much water is in the city supply they can make a calculated Fluoride dump in the water that would be safe. (if that's not what they do already...if it is, then I apologize for this redundant post...) I think people would be happier knowing the actual numbers instead of getting "ya, we put Fluoride in your drinking water"

I like the laws that are set to protect ourselves from ourselves (to put down anarchy) then the government should be able to but fluoride in the water if the know its better for its people.

The problem is that most of the sheep people don't trust the government for shit, and when the hear that the govt is "dumping fluoride" they take the way of thinking as "they don't care about me, we are just the guinea pigs in this" or they get scared or itchy thinking "the government is gonna tell me what to put in my water because that's what they know best" without the individuals input or say so on the matter. that's what gets people up in arms. but if we can put Fluoride in the water and track it mathematically, we'll know the appropriate amounts to put in and it'll be safe as toothpaste!
(05-06-2014, 09:37 AM)XNEWF Wrote: This is my first post and I am also posting this in the Beliefs/Politics/Philosophy section because it has to do with that too. I don't know if that is considered "right" around here so don't throw me to the slaughter right away. It is crucial that everybody receives this knowledge because I feel that humanity is the middle of one hell-of-a-fucking travesty.

I just recently learned how negative Fluoride is to our
bodies and it does nothing positive for our teeth! The Fluoride found
in our toothpaste and water is a Hazardous waste bi-product from the
fertilizer industry. Fluoride is banned in Europe but its OK
for US and Canada?WTF

Thousands of kids are rushed to Emergency Rooms every year due to
Fluoride Poisoning. That is why there is a warning not to swallow
toothpaste. Whats also alarming is that the same amount of toothpaste
thats dangerous to consume contains the same amount of Fluoride thats in a bottle of water!

It does, however, play an important part in dumbing down mankind.
Fluoride plays a major part in calcifying your PINEAL GLAND which is
a pinecone shaped organ located deep within your brain. I wont go into
detail as to why the Pineal Gland is VERY importantAngel. There is a lot of helpful knowledge out there if you look for itHuh.

The FEAR of a cavity filled mouth acts as a Catalyst in this diabolical plan. Kids are the future and thats why kids are scared into taking
Fluoride because the kids dont want all those "cavity monsters" they see
on TV, Books, etc invading their mouths. The parents ultimately want
the best for the kids so they take the advice of so-called "experts", go
out and buy this toxic product and fill their kids mouths with it, all
because they didnt know better.

Its soon time we let our "leaders" know that we dont want this toxic, useless, shit in our water or toothpasteAngry. There was a time when the masses thought that kids cough syrup was safe and we all know how that turned out! (We all know, right?WTF If your still giving cough syrup to your kids....STOP RIGHT NOW!! YES, I'M TALKING YOU! STEP AWAY FROM THE ROBITUSSIN!!)Beg

I floss every night