• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dont Forget to Floss!
    that makes absolutely no sense.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    if it is added to the main water supply you have no choice but to use it,in food,if you wish you can avoid it by eating things without fluor

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    The people who don't want fluoride in their drinking water are entitled to clean water.
    The people who do want fluoride, can acquire it for themselves.
    Forcing everyone to ingest fluoride, whether they want it or not, by injecting it into a community's water supply, is simply wrong.
    Where I live, there have been several city wide plebiscites on this issue, and the pro fluoride faction has lost.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    - Robert A. Heinlein
    (05-21-2014, 11:24 PM)velvetfog Wrote:  The people who don't want fluoride in their drinking water are entitled to clean water.
    The people who do want fluoride, can acquire it for themselves.
    Forcing everyone to ingest fluoride, whether they want it or not, by injecting it into a community's water supply, is simply wrong.

by that same logic, people who want to own guns should be able to and the people who don't want to own guns should mind their own business.

(05-21-2014, 11:24 PM)velvetfog Wrote:  Where I live, there have been several city wide plebiscites on this issue, and the pro fluoride faction has lost.

that's because those people are ignorant.

the benefits of adding fluoride to water supplies greatly exceeds the expense of poor dental hygiene and eases the associated pain and suffering.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    Read this: Water fluoridation controversy

Lasalle, Ontario – January 29, 2013
    Windsor, Ontario – January 29, 2013
    Bécancour, Quebec – January 16, 2013
    Okotoks, Alberta – December 20, 2012
    Kirkland Lake, Ontario – December 18, 2012
    Rosetown, Saskatchewan – July 16, 2012
    Orillia, Ontario – July 16, 2012
    Tecumseh, Ontario March 13, 2012
    Wynyard, Saskatchewan – March 1, 2012
    Amherstburg, Ontario – February 6, 2012
    Moncton, New Brunswick – December 19, 2011
    Dieppe, New Brunswick – December 12, 2011
    Lake Cowichan, British Columbia – November 19, 2011
    Williams Lake, British Columbia – November 19, 2011
    Lakeshore, Ontario – October 31, 2011
    Churchill, Manitoba – October 16, 2011
    Slave Lake, Alberta – September 12, 2011
    Taber, Alberta – July 20, 2011
    Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan – July 4, 2011
    Flin Flon, Manitoba – July 2011
    Calgary, Alberta – February 8, 2011
    Vercheres, Quebec – February 7, 2011
    Athabaska, Alberta – November 1, 2010
    Waterloo, St. Jacobs, Elmira, Ontario – October 25, 2010
    Gatineau, Quebec – May 4, 2010
    Thunder Bay, Ontario – July 21, 2009
    Cranberry Portage, Manitoba – January 1, 2009
    Drayton Valley, Alberta – December 31, 2008
    Kingston, Ontario (Canadian Forces Base) – May 2008
    Dryden, Ontario – April 2008
    Quebec City, Quebec – April 1, 2008
    Region of Niagara, Ontario – January 24, 2008
    Kamsack, Saskatchewan – 2008
    Langham, Saskatchewan – 2007
    Golden, British Columbia – November 19, 2005
    Foam Lake, Saskatchewan – 2005
    Burns Lake, British Columbia – June 25, 2003
    Dutton-Dunwich, Ontario – June 2003
    West Elgin, Ontario – June 2003
    Preeceville, Saskatchewan – 2003
    Rosthern, Saskatchewan – 2003
    Cobalt, Ontario – December 11, 2001
    Kamloops, British Columbia – October 13, 2001
    Whitehorse, Yukon – July 28, 1998
    Kitimat, British Columbia – March 1998
    Kelowna, British Columbia – November 16, 1996
    Campbell River, British Columbia – April 1993
    Port Hardy, British Columbia – November 1993
    Squamish, British Columbia – November 1993
    Comox-Courtenay, British Columbia – February 1992
    Vancouver, British Columbia – early 1960′s
    (This post was last modified: 05-22-2014, 12:35 AM by velvetfog.)

- Robert A. Heinlein
    read this: real scientific reasons why fluoride is important to human beings and other living things.

The issue isn't whether fluoride is beneficial.
    The issue is that society does not have the moral right to force people who don't want fluoride in their drinking water to ingest it.

- Robert A. Heinlein
    (05-22-2014, 12:39 AM)velvetfog Wrote:  The issue is that society does not have the moral right to force people who don't want fluoride in their drinking water to ingest it.

then you also accept that society does not have the moral authority to ban the personal ownership of any and all firearms.

you should also accept that society does not have the moral authority to force children to get an education.

oh, and you should also accept that society does not have the moral authority to enforce laws.

all hail anarchy!

Providing clean, unadulterated drinking water is not anarchy.
    And this is not a gun discussion.

Adding fluoride to drinking water was something that the Americans came up with after WWII.
    By the 1950s, Canada and most of western Europe had jumped on the bandwagon.
    But in the 1970s the Europeans reconsidered the issue, and stopped the fluoridation.
    Since then, a large number of Canadian cities and towns have come to the same conclusion.
    People living in a community are entitled to an unadulterated water supply. Period.
    It is as simple as that.

As it stands, the majority of people drinking fluoridated tap water worldwide are Americans.

Read this: 50 Reasons to Oppose Fluoridation

Reason #23 is rather interesting.

- Robert A. Heinlein
    (05-22-2014, 01:10 AM)velvetfog Wrote:  And this is not a gun discussion.

you are absolutely right... this is not a gun discussion and that is why i used it as a comparison. thank you for proving that your argument is weak, proving that fluoridating water is not a matter of moral authority, and totally invalidating your opinion.

read this: real scientific reasons why fluoride is important to human beings and other living things. real scientific reasons why fluoride is important to human beings and other living things.

seeing how canada totally ignores the welfare and health of it's native people, it's no wonder that they also ignore the health of their other citizens.

with canada's socialized health care, canada can save millions upon millions in health care costs by fluoridating their water and preventing cavities in their citizens. the only issue is that the prevalent ignorance in canada is preventing any and all forms of improvement.