• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dont Forget to Floss!
    If our teeth needed fluoride, our gums would've evolved the ability to produce it.

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
    (05-06-2014, 06:44 PM)LZA Wrote:  REALLY????? My dentist said that the worst patients he sees are ones that have well water where fluoride isn't introduced.. He also said bottled spring water is no good due to the same thing. I should do so more research, and maybe search for a new dentist... I was going to for the reason that he's pricy as hell. But I thought he at least knew what he was talking about....He gave me a Fluoride in a prescription strength... My teeth are decent, but neglected. I'm floored by this...
    Another thing your dentist probably doesn't know(because mine had no idea) is that there is an AMAZING natural sweetener that has been shown to actually REGROW tooth enamel! It is called XYLITOL. It has also been shown to relieve ear infections in children. But, due to the sugar cartels, XYLITOL is pretty expensive.

(05-06-2014, 02:00 PM)Spud17 Wrote:  Good rant. Yay

I agree, fluoride is dodgy as hell, and where I live in england, the authorities planned to introduce it into my local water supply. That was until several thousands of people got together (including myself) to protest the move, but what made it worse was that the public was never going to be asked for their opinion in the first place.

Campaign groups formed by locals of all ages and backgrounds began educating schools, colleges, health care centres, etc and in turn, teachers, parents and children joined in to protest. The people won, and the campaign spread to other parts of england, and fluoride was given the middle finger.

My local college asked for volunteers to take part in a fluoride experiment, and intrigued, I signed up. We drank fluoride-contaminated water for a month to see and record the effects. The first thing I noticed was all of my teeth decreased in thickness, to the point where my teeth were no longer white, but almost transparent. It was freaky and frightening as hell, and when one tooth began to crumble to pieces, I stopped participating. My teeth returned to their normal white colour within a month, and after some dental treatment around a couple of crumbling teeth, my teeth eventually became strong and tough again. Everyone who participated was utterly horrified at how dangerous consuming this poison really is, and before long, universities joined up for research.

Other side effects that volunteers reported included depression, suicidal thoughts, loss of concentration and focus, loss of interest in everyday things and hobbies, no libido, pale/pasty skin, sore throats and throat infections, the list goes on. The long-term effects from drinking fluoride-contaminated water are even more horrendous.

The authorities used the excuse that fluoride would save the children (specifically the under-10s) with the worst tooth decay, but conveniently forgot to mention that the children with the worst tooth dacay, were the ones with parents feeding them crisps and mars bars for breakfast, and were too stupid and lazy to teach their kids how to look after their teeth and gums. There is no proof anywhere that fluoride in water is beneficial for health, and still they introduce it into water supplies worldwide, but the saddest part is the deafening silence where the fucking questions from ordinary people should be.

Btw, I've used fluoride free toothpaste for as long as I can remember, and my teeth are in excellent condition. (2 of them are 3rd teeth). Fuck flouride.

I'm going to start up a campaign to get get rid of Fluoride in my city's water supply (or at least in schools for nowBeg ). I'm planning on getting some business cards done up with my email address on them so people can contact me for more info on Fluoride. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated( The results of that study, for example). Thanks, in advance, for all your help!
    (This post was last modified: 05-21-2014, 07:35 AM by XNEWF.)
    Don't give people your email address, you'll be inundated with phishing scams and offers from single Russian women willing to sell you vids of themselves pissing into a glass jar, which can be yours for the cost of your mortgage. Set up a website instead, where you can add updates, news, and an option for visitors to leave messages, at least then you only have to divide the serious replies from the haters. Don't try to do everything on your own. Rope in some friends to help, and make sure you delegate to prevent burnout. Leaflets may be cheaper to print than business cards. Good luck. Yay

I'm not going to provide the specifics of the study I took part in because it would reveal the locale in which I live. What I will do though is have a good search for some academic links and then post them here.
    (05-07-2014, 10:10 AM)srijantje Wrote:  introducing a "medicine"into the water is ludicrous,if it's"good"for you or"bad"is not the point.
    medicine should be taken voluntarily,not forced.

(05-10-2014, 02:39 AM)velvetfog Wrote:  Fluoride is appropriate in clearly marked toothpaste tubes, not in the general water supply of a society.

before all of you decide that fluoride is the work of the devil and decide that it has no place being added to your drinking water and how well water has no fluoride in it... you should do a bit of research.

fluoride is a naturally occurring substance in water and food... as is mercury, radiation and all that other stuff people seem to be afraid of.

yes, fluoride can be toxic... as can almost every other substance in large quantities such as salt, arsenic, tar, etc.

it is scientifically proven to strengthen teeth in children. it has also been scientifically proven that children who drink water that has the natural amount of fluoride have healthier teeth than those who drink fluoride free water.

(05-13-2014, 08:58 PM)System Folder Wrote:  If our teeth needed fluoride, our gums would've evolved the ability to produce it.

not true. to make that assumption one would also have to concede to the point that that if the human bodies needed additional substances (minerals, vitamins, proteins, etc.) to function, our bodies would have evolved the ability to produce it. vitamin d, for example is dependent on our exposure to sunlight.

the original resistance to fluoridated was spawned out of the use of fluoride as a form of pest control... the conspiracy theories have since continued to grow.

but, here's a fun fact for those of you think the man is trying to poison your water:

ever wonder why calcium is such an important factor in one's diet even though ingesting too much can kill you just like fluoride can? calcium counteracts the toxicity found in fluoride.

the natural order of life, the universe, and everything is much smarter than we are.

long ago, people were afraid of tomatoes because they thought they were poisonous. don't be afraid of tomatoes... be afraid of apples because they have been known to kill people via arsenic poisoning.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    All the above might be true but I still like to make my own choices as much as possible of what I ingest ,next thing it might be decided that a small doses of valium a day makes us less likely to grab for the gun,so put it in the water.

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    (05-21-2014, 08:43 PM)srijantje Wrote:  All the above might be true but I still like to make my own choices as much as possible of what I ingest ,next thing it might be decided that a small doses of valium a day makes us less likely to grab for the gun,so put it in the water.

and that might also be true, if it weren't for modern water treatment methods, you wouldn't have a choice of drinking fluoride free water in the first place.

the pure water you want contains bacteria, viruses, iron, sediment, algae, fungi, sulfur and even manganese, copper and nickel (of which all three are far more toxic than fluoride... not to mention human and animal waste including industrial pollutants.

so, if it's true that you want the choice of having fluoride free water, why not express your concerns regarding the danger of drinking chlorinated water? chlorine is also far more toxic than fluoride. the amount of fluoride they want to add to water is the natural amount (between .01 and .03 ppm [parts per million] while the amount of chlorine in the average city is .05 ppm. w.h.o. says that water containing between 1 and 3 ppm should not be drank... not to mention the byproducts than can occur from a chemical reaction involving chlorine.

something to think about...

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    (05-21-2014, 10:10 AM)Spud17 Wrote:  Don't give people your email address, you'll be inundated with phishing scams and offers from single Russian women willing to sell you vids of themselves pissing into a glass jar, which can be yours for the cost of your mortgage. Set up a website instead, where you can add updates, news, and an option for visitors to leave messages, at least then you only have to divide the serious replies from the haters. Don't try to do everything on your own. Rope in some friends to help, and make sure you delegate to prevent burnout. Leaflets may be cheaper to print than business cards. Good luck. Yay

I'm not going to provide the specifics of the study I took part in because it would reveal the locale in which I live. What I will do though is have a good search for some academic links and then post them here.

Thanks Mate! Cheers!Yay
    (05-21-2014, 09:19 PM)sporkium Wrote:  
    (05-21-2014, 08:43 PM)srijantje Wrote:  All the above might be true but I still like to make my own choices as much as possible of what I ingest ,next thing it might be decided that a small doses of valium a day makes us less likely to grab for the gun,so put it in the water.

and that might also be true, if it weren't for modern water treatment methods, you wouldn't have a choice of drinking fluoride free water in the first place.

the pure water you want contains bacteria, viruses, iron, sediment, algae, fungi, sulfur and even manganese, copper and nickel (of which all three are far more toxic than fluoride... not to mention human and animal waste including industrial pollutants.

so, if it's true that you want the choice of having fluoride free water, why not express your concerns regarding the danger of drinking chlorinated water? chlorine is also far more toxic than fluoride. the amount of fluoride they want to add to water is the natural amount (between .01 and .03 ppm [parts per million] while the amount of chlorine in the average city is .05 ppm. w.h.o. says that water containing between 1 and 3 ppm should not be drank... not to mention the byproducts than can occur from a chemical reaction involving chlorine.

something to think about...
    killing bacteria and other pollutants in drinking water is one thing,adding a substance that is allegedly good for your teeth is another,specially if you can use fluor in your toothpaste instead

of small minds[
    (05-21-2014, 10:04 PM)srijantje Wrote:  killing bacteria and other pollutants in drinking water is one thing,adding reintroducing a substance that is allegedly scientifically proven to be good for your teeth is another,specially if you can use fluor in your toothpaste instead

while adding fluoride to toothpaste is a good idea, it does not have the same effect as ingested fluoride that has been naturally ingested since the dawn of mankind. besides... how are you going to avoid the fluoride that is naturally present in every single piece of food you eat (except for heavily processed food which removes it, but is bad for you due to other reasons)? hmmm?

yes,if it's naturally present,no choice other than choosing what you eat,but in the main water supply,no choice

of small minds[