Current time: 08-22-2017, 12:27 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Does it exist???
04-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Does it exist???
Sometimes I wonder.... does true happiness really exist? It seems like I have been on this journey for the past 2 years and it only gets harder. I guess thats ok...other than feeling hopeless the last few weeks. So I keep asking myself questions and finding out answers that unnerve me. I realize thats how it goes.

I have felt locked inside myself for some time now and trying to find a way out of feeling this way has become tiresome. I am more times than not, very nervous, which is so annoying. I believe in a higher power, GOD, and have prayed that I would find help and solace. In fact while praying with my Mother last night i felt some relief. Which to say the least is something, in my book. I have not went down that path in quite a while. That old path I once knew felt real and good, but like I don't belong there at the same time and that scared me. I will always ask for Gods help, but don't know if I will receive it? Thats the only positive thing I feel I should hold to(asking God) even when darkness covers me. I will keep searching....the real me wants freedom from how I feel.

But I still wonder...does happiness really exist?? Undecided

RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2012, 01:03 PM
RE: Does it exist???
(04-30-2012 01:01 PM)Bunny81 Wrote:  But I still wonder...does happiness really exist?? Undecided

yes, however you must experience sadness quite frequently in order to recognize happiness whenever it touches you.
Find all posts by this user + Mark
04-30-2012, 01:06 PM
happiness exists in moments

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
04-30-2012, 01:14 PM
(04-30-2012 01:03 PM)bob5695 Wrote:  yes, however you must experience sadness quite frequently in order to recognize happiness whenever it touches you.

I agree absolutely. This quote was given to me some time ago at a time when i felt very low. I made sure i read it everyday, sometimes several times a day. Today i can truly say it's true. hope it helps bunny Smile

Quote:"Happiness is like a butterfly.
The more you chase it, the more it eludes you.
But if you turn your attention to other things,
It comes and sits softly on your shoulder."
Henry David Thoreau

My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-30-2012, 01:21 PM
I agree absolutely. This quote was given to me some time ago at a time when i felt very low. I made sure i read it everyday, sometimes several times a day. Today i can truly say it's true. hope it helps bunny Smile

Quote:"Happiness is like a butterfly.
The more you chase it, the more it eludes you.
But if you turn your attention to other things,
It comes and sits softly on your shoulder."
Henry David Thoreau
[/quote]

That's absolutely beautiful Kaiser. Thank you for that. I am posting that to my mirror and my fridge. Maybe even a background for my cellphone. Shy

RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
04-30-2012, 01:34 PM
I thought Bob's was good too

Wildcard is awesome.
05-02-2012, 12:03 AM
I am happy nearly all of the time. My secret? Make life-choices that make you happy.

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
05-02-2012, 01:03 AM
i'm usually happy too. my secret? mass quantities of alcohol and a lot of fuckitol. Big Grin

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
05-02-2012, 02:12 AM
"Happiness, it is said, is seldom found by those who seek it, and never by those who seek it for themselves."
F. Emerson Andrews
08-22-2012, 03:08 AM
The dalai llama wrote that happiness is an illusion, therefore we'll never find it. We'll know contentment from time to time and that's good enough for me. If you give your best and treat others with kindness, dignity, and respect, then I think there's contentment in that.
Bunny81 - you said sometimes you're covered by darkness. That same darkness is surrounded by light which somehow always gets through, so don't lose heart on your journey. Hope you know what I mean.Smile

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
Find all posts by this user + Mark

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)