Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Do you like animals? Do you like Obama?
Asshole Obama has just arranged for those big wind mills on wind farms to be allowed to kill eagles and many other kinds of birds.

If you don't know about the issue of wind farms killing many birds every year, here is a story that explains it.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/...-of-Eagles

In case I haven't posted about Obama before, I have zero respect for this asshole. I thought he was a very intelligent man and would make a wonderful president but Boy! Was I ever wrong!!

All I can say is, "Fuck you, Obama!" I never could have imagined that you would be a worse president than George W. But you sure are close!

It especially galls me how the administration refers to the "take" of eagles. It's another way of saying the "slaughter" of eagles. Wow! Governments sure can be dirty slimy cocksuckers!

In case it's not evident, I am really pissed off about this!

If you read some of the comments under that link, one guy calls Obama, President Obozo! LOL! I think that is the best nickname I have ever heard for that asshole.
wow... to imagine a canadian not approving of an american president. go figure.

as for the birds... if they haven't learned that getting hit by the big spinning windmill thingy is bad for their health, so be it.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
(12-06-2013, 06:23 PM)sporkium Wrote: wow... to imagine a canadian not approving of an american president. go figure.

as for the birds... if they haven't learned that getting hit by the big spinning windmill thingy is bad for their health, so be it.

I would like to put forward the theory that these big spinning things are essentially invisible to these eagles.

After all, they were invented long after the eagles' genetic makeup was established and in all the years that birds were being developed by nature using natural selection, I'm guessing that nowhere did eagles ever experience giant windmill blades.
you're talking about the large flying contraptions that can see tiny little animals running around on the ground from more than a mile away in order to determine if they would like to eat them or not? the same animals that can also see fish in a stream or lake from an equally amazing distance, swoop down and pluck said fish from under the surface of the water or in midair? those eagles? the same birds that are paid homage by the saying, "eagle eyes?"

yeah, i dunno... compared to an eagle, my eyesight is pretty horrible... that and i wear glasses; but even without my glasses, i can still see the blades of a windmill spinning to the extent that i'm able to figure out that it's probably gonna hurt like a son of a bitch if one of them hits me.

yes, birds are being killed by windmills. birds are also being killed by air planes, hunters other birds, disease and old age... canadian oil pipelines... just as other animals are being killed while crossing highways, streets, forests, rivers, etc.

if it makes you feel better, i'm sure that only the stupid eagles are flying into the windmills. the smart ones are perfectly safe.

natural selection is amazing that way.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
I got lots of love for eagles so don't get me wrong. They're cute and whatnot. If an injured eagle came into my peripheral vision, I'd like to think I'd help the little fella out, you know, long as I don't get strapped with a veterinarian bill. Your empathy and passion for the eagle is admirable and it kinda makes me feel guilty, b'cause I feel ya, but then...there's my electric bill. So, I wanna empathize with you, but if they tell me that puttin' up a few more bird traps will knock a couple dollars off my monthly statement - I say compromise. Maybe you could petition to have them painted bright red instead of white, or put a scarecrow on top. There's gotta be a way to get the word out to our feathered friends that this is now a no-fly zone.

As for Obama - don't hate him for going green. It's the only good thing he's done. Hate him for being another typical bankster biotch who forgot promises of Wall Street reform. Hate him for injecting the Patriot Act with steroids when he promised to slim it down. Hate him for technically reducing troops in Iraq but re-directing them to Afghanistan. Worst of all, hate him for not showing the alleged dead body of Osama, b'cause with 20+ minutes of camera footage missing and the greatest source of intel being caught unarmed and the majority of that taskforce suspiciously dead just a few months later, kinda makes me not care too much about a few dead birds.
Nice post! You are a good writer.

Sporkium is good too. I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings. Smile
(12-06-2013, 06:23 PM)sporkium Wrote: wow... to imagine a canadian not approving of an american president. go figure.

There was something about your post that kind of stuck with me.

Suppose a bird is killed when it hits a spinning blade that is like 100 feet above the ground.

Or, even better, suppose it is not killed outright but is incapacitated and cannot fly. The fall from 100 feet is almost certainly gonna kill it.

But even if by some miracle it doesn't die and just remains incapacitated, it surely won't have long to live because it won't be able to hunt. Eagles need to fly in order to hunt.

So, here is the question: How is it gonna learn that flying into those spinning blades is deadly if flying into those blades causes its death? It can't learn anything once it dies.

Sporkium, I'm not trying to be a smart ass by saying that. I know you surely understand that aspect of the discussion as well as probably most of the other aspects. But I think it does open up a very interesting avenue to this debate.

I think Natural Selection works by passing the lessons learned (or physical or mental traits inherited) from parent to offspring. But if the eagle dies, it won't be raising any offspring and it certainly cannot learn anything if the event is a direct cause of its death.

There are some holes in my position - for sure. Eagles may not always be killed outright and they may actually raise some offspring and teach them that spinning blades must be avoided.

But the percentage of eagles that will survive and be able to raise offspring and teach them to avoid those spinning blades is very extremely low.

I don't think Natural Selection will operate very well in this case if a huge majority of eagles who strike those blades don't ever get to raise offspring.

It's a very different case from parent birds taking their offspring with them when they fly south for the winter and do that for maybe ten years in a row. The offspring have a real good chance of learning to fly south for the winter if they do that with their parents for ten years in a row. There is a big difference in the way that lesson is passed on from parent to offspring than the lesson of avoiding spinning blades. It seems much more difficult for a bird parent to teach its offspring to avoid spinning blades than it is to go south every winter. I hope you understand the point I'm trying to make because I don't think I have explained it very well.

I do respect Natural Selection and think it works extremely well. But in this case, I don't think the odds favor NS working very well at all.

However, IMO, regardless of your position (or mine), this is an extremely interesting discussion and I thank you Sporkium for injecting the NS element. This is one of the most interesting discussions that I have considered in a very long time.

Smile
how do marine animals (except sea cows because they are fucking stupid) know that they need to stay away from the spinning stuff under a boat or ship? in fact, how do you know not to jump into a spinning turbine? the answer is simple: it's spinning really fast.

case in point: a lot of billboards have spinning rods attached to them to keep birds from landing on them... do you see the birds getting knocked off the billboard? no... you see them stay away from it.
I'm not sure that marine animals know how to stay away from spinning blades under ships and boats.

After all, seems to me it would be incredibly difficult to know just how many of them collide with spinning blades because if and when they do, how often do you think that people on the boat know what happened?

I have no idea about this but it seems to me that when a big fish or mamal runs into a propellor, the propellor must be designed in such a way that it does not break when that happens.

I would guess the people on the ship don't even know that it happened.

I have seen documentaries that show dolphins and other large marine animals that get caught in nets and have real big scars from past encounters with propellors under ships. But I can hardly imagine the people operating a large ship (like a freighter or a passanger liner) would care or would stop the ship every time they collide with a dolphin or kill one. It might be different for a huge whale because that might actually stop the ship.

But the truth is that I really have no idea what the story is with these collisions and instead of doing some research and trying to find out, I'd much rather ask if anyone here has ever worked on a ocean going vessel or has other first hand knowledge of how these collisions are handled and what kind of damage is done to either the ship or the animal or both. I just have no knowledge of that.

How about you? What do you think?
I did some reading today. Apparently we placed a gauntlet of rotating butcher knives in the migrational paths of birds of prey that are more focused on the ground - searching for food - than paying attention to dangers ahead. These birds are forced to fly through a seasonal holocaust b'cause they rely on the same wind currents that maximize our energy.

According to Forbes magazine, the older model of turbine terminators are gradually being replaced by a newer model that's projected to slow the genocide by 50%. Team Forbe, wearing Nazi insignia jerseys, is currently patting themselves on the back for, once again, fumbling the facts. Comming from a different source that cares more about birds than corporate propaganda - this new generation of ginsu knives technically decrease the kill zone for ugly birds that suck, but, increase its optic kill sights for our national heroes that prefers higher altitude. These terrorists are attacking the eagle by bringing an unsuspecting fight to its home with a newer, taller, meat grinder that taunts the bird to fly through it, but it's a trap. With fewer feather-rufflers in circular rotation and a longer spanning reach, we taunt the eagles calculating success to fly through and near the kill box that's littered with bait. Copious amounts of dung from grazing cows have created a rich and tempting environment in the killing fields, as our raptors are lured with promises of rodents.

Help save the eagle and give them an aegis of hope towards their fight against addled minds that blither and blind the truth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North Korea Racist Obama Rant Wildcard 5 2,153 05-21-2014, 03:23 AM
Last Post: kim jong-un