• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Do nice guys finish last?
    As I stated in my welcome message, I entered "open forum for ranting" into Google and found this site with a specific topic in mind. I'll get right into it. For some context, I'm 23, a male and work in a hospital as a nurse. Due to my particular line of work, I work predominately with women. Working together for forty hours a week, everyone develops a connection to some extent and confide in one another. Now this might be a cliche but there is definitely truth to it.

I'm tired of women that I know coming to me and complaining about their relationships. As a single guy in his twenties, who is actively seeking a committed relationship, I'm tired of women that I know telling me about some of the stupidest things guys do to them, things I would never think of doing to any woman, and how they aren't leaving him. You're telling me you're unhappy, why not leave? I say this to them but yet it's never happened.

I mean I get that, it's hard to leave especially after investing a lot of time and love into someone. And It's not like I'm trying to pry in and sweep her away for myself. I just call it like I see it and give my advice so if it's ignored, I have nothing invested to lose, anyway, excuse my digression.

What's the point of presenting a problem if when you are given options on how to remedy the situation, you ignore them and continue to live with the same problem? I guess that's the real root question here. Maybe they just wanna be heard by a guy, or just be heard by someone who will listen.

Well I guess I'm looking for other people's opinions here or maybe some insight. Thanks everyone.
    You seem to be an echo from my past, although I was not a nurse, I was a maintenance man. But working in a skilled nursing facility and having 95% of the work population women, I can understand where your coming from as far as the comradery is concerned... They would say the same things to me, or worse "if I wasn't already married I'd scoop you up"

I hate to say this this way, since it sounds so politically incorrect, but sometimes I think women talk to hear themselves speak... If they were really unhappy, they would leave. Or maybe they are looking for something on the side... Which I saw a lot of.

The best advice I can give is for you to take care of YOU and figure out what you want/need if anything , out of these relationships...

I used to enjoy listening to some of the nurses squawk about their "old men" at home who can't do this or that, and there I was...Not knowing if they were hinting to me or just blowing off steam... I'm one of those guys who just left it all alone, despite my co-workers disapproval since I guess I "left a lot of tail on the table"

You need to find out what's most important to you and act that out. Friends are cool, but do you really want to have your whole shift being comprised of listening to different nurses bitch about their significant others??? It was for me, but I would consider myself lame, really...

You sound like you have a lot more going for you than I did at that time... I rose in the corporate world, TBH, the friendships are a bit different. I just felt like my health care friends were more of real friends...

If I were you knowing what I know NOW, just keep your ear to the ground my brother... Maybe you'll get some side action even if she's involved with someone else, if she feels something in her life is vacant. It's obviously all up to you... but you in your mid twenties should be enjoying life, not dealing with this shit..

I don't know, just trying to come up with some ideas for you... but what you are going through is not abnormal...it's part of life. If anything, be happy they are confiding in you, that means the door is open at least a little (you'll know the proper circumstances to ask) right??

Anyone else wanna chime in? I'd like to hear a different opinion on this too...
    (This post was last modified: 08-20-2015, 10:16 PM by LZA.)
    23, eh? much to learn grasshopper.

okay, check this out... they aren't looking for advice. they are looking for sympathy and, or collaboration.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
    Last Post by Wildcard
    07-14-2013, 12:20 AM