• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Discussion: Taking A Long Time To Text Back

I overheard a conversation today when I was at lunch. I know, I'm a nosy fucker.

Anyway, this woman was telling her friend that a guy took like twenty minutes sometimes to text back and how rude she thought that was. She kept saying that he must not find her interesting enough and things like that. I'm sitting there thinking about my reply times and it wasn't pretty LMAO

Sometimes it can take me hours to reply back. I get busy doing things and I just don't want to break my stride. Mostly though, it is because I am a lazy bum who won't take time to type "lol" back to someone Tongue

So, the question is:

How Long Is Too Long To Wait For Someone To Text You Back?

...inquiring minds, and all of that...
    I don't know. My response time back is all from 1 minute to 7-8 business days. :idk:   <- why no shoulder shrug emoji?
    (This post was last modified: 10-24-2018, 05:47 PM by Togachu.)

meh
    "lol"

all I had time fo'.
    if the person takes days to respond that would be kinda sad, but i'm not mad if the person responds a day later. or hours later. i myself sometimes am very busy with things that doesn't allow me to respond right away and sometimes i forget that i was messaged. then it could happen i respond hours to a day later.

however if you are a person that really wants an answer back. then you should probably send a follow up message just to see the person hasn't forget about you, cause like i said in my situation sometimes i just forget about the message because at the moment i got it. i was just to busy to respond.

also it depends on the urgentness of the message, if i can tell the message is really important then i respond really quick if not right away. but if its not an important message. than it could happen that i respond quite late. (most of the times i respond quick though) but there is moments i don't.
    (10-25-2018, 02:21 AM)HTorr3ntz Wrote:  ...you should probably send a follow up message just to see the person hasn't forget about you, cause like i said in my situation sometimes i just forget about the message because at the moment i got it. i was just to busy to respond.

That sounds just like me.

I mean well, but when I get busy doing something, unfortunately, I forget.
    I agree with what is being said... If you can tell it's an emergency, right away. If not I'll look at who I'm texting or who's texting me and kinda gauge the habits of the person then proceed accordingly.

To me, 20 min is pretty much immediately IMHO.
    (10-25-2018, 12:42 PM)LZA Wrote:  To me, 20 min is pretty much immediately IMHO.

I know, right. I hate to admit it, but my average text-back time is probably more like an hour.
    I make phonecalls,I don't text,no smartphone et all

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    (10-29-2018, 08:46 AM)srijantje Wrote:  I make phonecalls,I don't text,no smartphone et all

so you have dumbphone?
    You wanna text fine, it might take up to a day though I will be more inclined to respond if you actually call and leave a message.

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
    Last Post by bettertimesahead
    08-14-2017, 09:59 PM
    Last Post by Togachu
    01-08-2016, 12:37 PM
    Last Post by LZA
    12-27-2014, 07:31 AM