Current time: 08-18-2017, 03:56 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diabetes Control
05-21-2013, 08:17 AM
Diabetes Control
You should start some regular exercise to handle the diabetes, walking, jogging, yoga are the best in this regard.
Also cut down the usage of sugar, sweets, creams, fat, fried foods, junk foods, and fast foods. Take more raw and nutritional foods. Fresh fruits raw vegetables, and grains are goods. Green leafy vegetables, bitter gourd, gourd, grapefruit, papaya, and berries are the best fruits and vegetables to control the diabetes.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2013, 12:47 PM
RE: Diabetes Control
You are right for diabetes control we should control our eating habits like using carbo and junk food, try to eat vegetables and fresh fruits as much as you can. Raw nutritions are really good for controlling diabetes.

05-30-2013, 02:12 PM
And you mentioned exercise, which is extremely important. With the use of exercise, diet (like Callie said, avoiding the carb that turn into sugars) I was able to bring my A1C from a 13 to a 6.5... My diet has since slipped a little, but my intentions are to pull in back into control. I really didn't realize how much diabetes affects you until I got mine under control and actually felt better... Good advice from previous posters!!!
05-30-2013, 08:02 PM
to be honest, i believe that too much emphasis is placed on life and as such, if you got diabetes... might as well continue eating like a hog because you only live once... might as well enjoy it.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
05-30-2013, 10:07 PM
I agree to an extent, which is why I'm struggling with it so much now. Me, being depressed, tried 2 times to end my life. They should have been quick and easy. I wouldn't do it any other way. But for some reason, the methods didn't work so here I still am. I was a power lifter for 20 years so eating what I wanted when I wanted wasn't so bad since I burned it off. I stopped lifting since I had a bout of diverticulitis, where an abscess burst in my stomach and I went septic. There went all my power & good habits. When I do go, I want it to be fast, preferably in my sleep. Diabetes does not kill you fast, and that scares the ever loving shit out of me. People lose there eyesight, lose feet, legs, all from non compliance with diabetes. If I get so bad where the doc takes my foot ( or something) and I can no longer life how I like, bet your ass I'm finding a nice long cliff to swan dive off of. My poor father never took care of his diabetes, so all he did was sleep; moving was difficult, like he was trapped in his body. When I started lifting, it was so I can get a break on fuckers beating on me all the time. Now that I'm older, I have to go back to the gym to get my strength back, and if for nothing else, just to keep me away from the fate of my father (died in bed). I really am lazy, so if I'm gonna bust my ass at the gym, I want 100% results from my work, which unfortunately, means not eating everything I want. Diabetes scares the shit out of me; I don't want to be trapped in my body. I'm so pissed I had to give up Pepsi...
05-30-2013, 10:39 PM
there are many reliable, efficient, inexpensive and painless methods of committing suicide - however - as with any endeavor, proper planning is essential to achieving success... but that's for another thread.

as for diabetes... and slipping into a coma... there are legal ways to ensure that you die... such as giving a lawyer power of attorney claiming that your personal beliefs don't allow medical treatment and carrying a 'do not resuscitate' card with you... the more humane method of just walking into the arizona desert seems like the best option.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
05-30-2013, 11:05 PM
I can't believe you are being so whimsical about a disease like diabetes that not only affects a large percentage of the world's population, but also is something can be dealt with and by being sensible a person can sometimes lead a relatively normal life despite diabetes.

However diabetes is also the kind of thing that you can't fuck with. You do what you must to stay aright and if not, you could very well die.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketoacidosis

I have a very good friend that went for too long with medication that wasn't quite powerful enough-- she eventually went into a state called Diabetic Ketoacidosis and it almost killed her.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-30-2013, 11:15 PM
if everyone took a more 'whimsical' approach to viewing these issues, the world would be a far better place.

depending on who you ask, every issue is important... if you ask me, gimme a lil bit to finish my drink and i'll tell you that it ain't no thing.

also, depending on who you ask, diabetes is not really an issue. it's only an issue in places where diabetes is a concern. bushmen out in africa don't care about diabetes and they are much happier than people who do care about diabetes. conversely, for the bushmen, ebola is a major concern. people who are concerned about diabetes don't often care too much about ebola.

STDs seems to be a far more important issue than diabetes, but people with diabetes are far more concerned about diabetes than contracting STDs... it's really just marketing and perspective.

i'm more worried about being pulled over by cops than developing diabetes or contracting STDs or ebola... go figure.

05-30-2013, 11:34 PM
Thankfully this thread is not about how concerned each individual is with their particular likelihood of suffering from various conditions, it is about sharing ways to help control the disease if you already suffer from it (or someone that you love does).

We all know that eating healthy and exercising is important but being raised by a mother with hypoglycemia and a father who developed diabetes in his fifties, I know that the most important thing by far is a regular schedule. Without a proper diet, the schedule wouldn't be consistent of course, but above that it is important for a diabetic to rise and lie down on a fairly set schedule. It helps their bodies to cope with the regulation insulin and is good for the mental state as well.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-30-2013, 11:44 PM
I was not a diabetic until the last couple of years in my life. i was overweight through my teen years and dropped a large amount of weight years back. i still became a diabetic even after completely changing my life. i do not eat or drink anything with sugar. i drink Alot of water and crystal light. i also walk about 5 miles a week. and i try to watch my carb intake. I'm not insulin dependant. i take one small pill a day. sometimes diabetes just happens even if you are eating right and exercising. i lost 80 pounds in 9 months and started having blood sugar problems then. i always thought it was just a big people disease. not true.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)