Current time: 09-22-2017, 10:17 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom MyCode
07-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Custom MyCode
Introduction
On MyBB forums there are formatting options built in to the editor. When you post you may want text to be bold or italic or formatted in some other way. You can use My Code to make these formats. The built in functions are documented in the Help link(specifically the one I linked to above) so I won't go into detail about them. Most of them can be accessed through the posting interface by selecting the text to format and clicking the appropriate button. For more information on the built-in editor, see this tutorial: Spicing Up Your Posts

MyCode
MyCode is a document formatting mark-up language modeled from HTML- the language used for many web pages.

Generally you use an open and closing tag to indicate which text the MyCode will affect. For instance, to make some text bold using MyCode you would use the b tag (for bold):

Code:
This text is unaffected. [b]This text is affected and therefore bold.[/b]

Which would produce:

This text is unaffected. This text is affected and therefore bold.

Notice that the b tag is enclosed in square brackets [], this is to indicate that a tag is being used. Without the square brackets no text will be affected. Also, the closing tag has a forward slash in front of tag name to indicate the end of affected text.

Custom MyCode For This Forum

The basic MyCodes used in all MyBB forums is well-documented. The following is a list of MyCodes created specifically for this forum.

Standard MyCode doesn't provide a standard paragraph indent format. As you may have discovered, spacing it out in the edit window will not produce the desired effect. This is because the parse eliminates extra space.

To do a standard three space paragraph indent use:

Code:
[3]This is some text just to show the indent feature off and also to prove that one man can type a bunch of nonsense onto a form and have a bunch of people read at least- damn I lost you. You quite reading, but for the sake of aesthetics I have to type until the paragraph covers at least three lines, but the editor is tiny so I will have to type at least eight lines in the editor to have enough- I quit.

Which will produce:

This is some text just to show the indent feature off and also to prove that one man can type a bunch of nonsense onto a form and have a bunch of people read at least- damn I lost you. You quite reading, but for the sake of aesthetics I have to type until the paragraph covers at least three lines, but the editor is tiny so I will have to type at least eight lines in the editor to have enough- I quit.

If you prefer the five-space indent for paragraphs, or you need it for some other layout, just replace the '3' with the amount of spaces you need(1-9):

Code:
[5]I can't believe I have to do this again! [2] I am running out of stuff to type about. Of course, I could've just used the same text as before, but somehow my extreme sense of originality prevailed and I am [9] once again typing aw- [1]enough!

which will produce:

I can't believe I have to do this again!    I am running out of stuff to type about. Of course, I could've just used the same text as before, but somehow my extreme sense of originality prevailed and I am           once again typing aw-  enough!

These tags can easily be used to aid in ASCII text art.
There are many online music storage sites that you can join and upload MP3s too. To link to those in your posts, use the mp3 tag:

Code:
[mp3]http://serveur.1smp1.free.fr/Musique/AC%20DC/Highway%20To%20Hell/01-Highway%20To%20Hell.mp3[/mp3]

Download
Marquees are designated frames on the screen that scroll, bounce or slide any text, BB codes or images within that defined area.

For information on the BB Code, look at this thread: How to use the marquee tag for nerds (with a preamble)

To use the automated marquee window, click the [Image: marquee.gif] code button in the full editor.
Spoilers are available to provide the post's readers the option to decide whether they want to view a certain portion of the post. Originally devised for movie threads (to avoid seeing spoilers of the movie) spoilers soon proved to be useful for long text quotes, racy images, punchlines and many other uses.

In the full editor just select the text, images or BB code to spoiler and click the [Image: spoiler.gif] code button. Or alternately you can just click the [Image: spoiler.gif] button and you will prompted for the content and a title.

Using BB Code the spoiler works in two different ways:

Code:
[spoiler]Simple Spoiler[/spoiler]

OR

[spoiler=Title Spoiler]
Title Spoiler
[/spoiler]

For more info click here: Spoilers
When using IMG tags floating (align=right/left) it is handy to have a way to designate a cutoff point so the pic doesn't overlap other embedded objects on the page.

Code:
[clear]

Code:
[img align=left]http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g406/whiterhymer/avatar_15-2_zpsa4c09e23.jpg[/img]If there is very little text you may need to use a clear.[clear]So now the text starts from the correct location.
[Image: avatar_15-2_zpsa4c09e23.jpg]If there is very little text you may need to use a clear.
So now the text starts from the correct location.

Wildcard is awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Creating a MyBB MyCode Mark 1 10,186 05-09-2012 11:08 PM
Last Post: sporkium

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)