Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Cursed Words
The title isn't a typo. Some words don't have the same chance as the rest. The Christian Right, the moral high-handers and those fearful of true freedoms pounce and ensure that adequate slander has been lain down to prevent the use of these words other than in the hush of privacy.

Now as a site we made the decision to allow our members the right to use any language they like in posts and this isn't about that. It is about how ridiculous it is to have a 'black list' of words-- fucking words, how can one be okay and another not be?

This is what I just don't get.

'Fuck' is a major point of interest in the gallery of words which are descrimenated against, but sadly it isn't alone. The phrase 'god damn' is also held in disdain by many as blasphemy, which is absurd as the origin of the phrase was to invoke of call upon providence to deny the subject good fortune and to 'curse' their every effort. 'May God damn you!' -- an example of its previous use which shows not only belief in deity but also a respect for the powers of such.

Half the curse words in the English language are used in the bible. Others have dual meanings and are acceptable by the majority when used in one way but bring only reproach when used in other ways.

To me it is the height of hypocrisy and just another example of how we the people (of the world) need to shake these meaningless traditionalist ideas of what moral really means.
it's always been like that and always will: a small group of world domination minded cretins want to control what we say and how we think. you can see examples of this type of oppression in canada and on multi-million dollar ad campaigns funded by special interest groups.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master— that's all."

-Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein