• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Currently Playing
    I thought I'd see why people seem to get addicted to Minecraft. I understand now.

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
    Fishenoid, Arkanoid, Space Invaders, and Spyro The Dragon Path of Fire, in the arcade section at piratelyfe. They're simple but very addictive. Big Grin
    (04-11-2012, 02:30 PM)Mark Wrote:  Post which video game(s) you are currently playing here.

playing cube and practicing sound design using Wwise. also, dishonored on PS3
    I'm currently playing Fallout 76...

FALLOUT.BETHESDA.NET
    Fallout 76 | Our Future Begins
    Bethesda Game Studios, the creators of Skyrim and Fallout 4, welcome...

I keep reading on Reddit about all the awful things about the game— and the trouble customers are having with the merch they've bought, but...they discounted the game by 1/3 and I just went ahead and bought it. I also waited for a large patch that was released yesterday before I made the purchase. So, my experience may not be like others you have heard about, but in all fairness, my experience is more likely to reflect what is currently going on than some others you may have heard.

Beauty

First of all, the game is decidedly beautiful! I mean, this is the reason I built a gaming PC. The detail is breathtaking and the world is humongous! Player interaction is well done and so far, the challenges have been reasonable and made sense.

Frustration

On the negative side, after playing most of the day yesterday, I counted 6-8 hard crashes (read: lost data/save) and the game crashes every time you exit...every, single, time. That is frustrating, to say the least.

Also, I was disconnected from the server at least three times throughout the day.

Hope

All that to the side, I think I am going to love this game. I have played Fallout for years and the online twist is what I needed to breath new life into the game.

Recommendation: Wait for a few more bug patches to spend the money.

As it stands: 3/5
    If the bugs were patched: 4.5/5 no kidding, great game.
    What kind of game is it? RPG? FPS? Bit of both?
    Like the perfect (to me, at least) mix of both.

You gather materials, build bases, explore the world, PvP if you want, fight other enemies (as you run into them), do quests, etc.

Standard, COD-typer guns + machetes, axes, etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
    Last Post by srijantje
    05-25-2012, 10:45 PM