Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Culture snobbery
I'm a culture snob. If you're an adult and you tell me your favourite writer is J. K. Rowling, Barbara Cartland or James Patterson I will almost subconsciously judge you. Same if you say your favourite musician is Justin Bieber or Donny Osmond. I won't think you're bad or stupid - I'm sure many Potter fans are much more intelligent than me - but your taste will colour how I look at you. I may try and subtly introduce you to what I perceive as much better material in the hope that your taste will change. I realise this is a character flaw and that people don't need me to tell them what to consume. So what are your thoughts on culture snobbery? Are there any other self-confessed snobs out there? If so, do you even consider yourself a snob, or just someone with good taste?
i'm open to suggestions from anyone,i'll give it a try and then decide,no i don't consider myself a snob
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
I think a cultural snob is someone like my frien Brian who studied the culinary arts and instead if retaining his heritage, suddenly he is disgusted with our local food. In America we mistly drink our tea on ice. In the South we mostly drink sweetened ice tea and so did he until he became too good for it. Now he says he is disgusted by any tea that isn't poured up piping hot. To me that is mucho snobbery because all those years it wasn't awful but suddenly with a little culture he changes everything.
Wildcard is awesome.
yes,that's snobbery

I have a friend like that who's all of a sudden a wine aficionado
of small minds[
Culture snobbery!!"what's that"!! BLAH!!!!
i agree,no culture,no snobbery
of small minds[
(11-26-2011, 12:16 PM)srijantje Wrote: yes,that's snobbery

I have a friend like that who's all of a sudden a wine aficionado

Exactly! You gotta be yourself regardless what you learn.

Wildcard is awesome.
don't forget your roots "important
Agreed. Its like the poetry stuff. Just because I leanred a little bit about meter and such doesn't mean all of a sudden I am a poet.
Wildcard is awesome.
what about snottery??