Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Crop AVI Files with VirtualDub
oh, and regarding the tutorial:

if you're intending to use the cropped video file to create a VIDEO-DVD, go for maximum quality!
that means UNCHECK the B-VOPs box and set the target quantizer to 1.00!
(12-11-2011, 05:44 PM)Mark Wrote: But yours looks so pretty . . . Wub You

that's because of w7 vs xp.
it has nothing to to with the version of the program.

how do you like it in pink?

[Image: 09n6J.jpg]
Off topic, but something I've been wanting to ask you.

What format do you prefer? I am forced to use AVI(not saying I have complaints) because of my XBox 360 not doing so well with mkv, but I've heard that it is superior to AVI. What do you think?
Wildcard is awesome.
(12-11-2011, 05:47 PM)Mark Wrote: Off topic, but something I've been wanting to ask you.

What format do you prefer? I am forced to use AVI(not saying I have complaints) because of my XBox 360 not doing so well with mkv, but I've heard that it is superior to AVI. What do you think?

i prefer avi 'cause my standalone players also prefer avi.
mkv is superior: it can handle more streams and more types of streams, and you can add chapters just like on a dvd.
the question is "do i need it?" - not really.
however, some people do.
Brilliant Tut bob5695. Is the version of virtualdub your using still available for download in a torrent?
My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
(12-11-2011, 06:12 PM)2010kaiser Wrote: Brilliant Tut bob5695.

thanks Blush

(12-11-2011, 06:12 PM)2010kaiser Wrote: Is the version of virtualdub your using still available for download in a torrent?

it's freeware, and the version is pretty much irrelevant - just make sure you choose 32- or 64-bit according to your system.

http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/
Cheers bob. Just downloaded it. Do i need to download any additional codecs? I currently have K-Lite Mega Codec Pack (64bit) installed (latest version).
(12-11-2011, 06:26 PM)2010kaiser Wrote: Cheers bob. Just downloaded it. Do i need to download any additional codecs? I currently have K-Lite Mega Codec Pack (64bit) installed (latest version).

then i assume you should be fine.
it's been a while since i ditched k-lite but i think it includes all you might need (and more, waaaaay more). Big Grin
Many thanks again bob. Smile
(12-11-2011, 06:34 PM)2010kaiser Wrote: Many thanks again bob. Smile

no worries. and remember, each file you crop is a new adventure, much like crossing siberia on foot carrying nothing but a loaf of bread and a blunt knife, so if you encounter any unexpected issues at some point just let me know and i'll do my best to help you solve them.